my almost 100 gal tank

Desire

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2011
The Netherlands, purmerend
fishmamma;5035542; said:
OMG that cory is obese....:(
Nope, it's a mature female about to spawn. 2 days later she was as slim as a string. All my females look like this a week or so before they spawn. Then they slim down again. Keep in mind, these girls are at least 2.5 maybe 3 years old already. If you compare them to my males you will notice that the males are healthy, but never fat. It's all eggs...

fishmamma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Desire;5035547; said:
Nope, it's a mature female about to spawn. 2 days later she was as slim as a string. All my females look like this a week or so before they spawn. Then they slim down again. Keep in mind, these girls are at least 2.5 maybe 3 years old already. If you compare them to my males you will notice that the males are healthy, but never fat. It's all eggs...

That's awesome! At least I wont freak out if one of mine end up looking like that... :D

Desire

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2011
fishmamma;5035562; said:
That's awesome! At least I wont freak out if one of mine end up looking like that... :D
Nothing to worry about. It is normal for the females to be bigger and chunkier than the males. Before they release their eggs they are at their biggest. Keep in mind that the females will always be bigger than the males...

Desire

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2011
nathgi89;5037189; said:
awesome tank, great job and a good thread!
Thanks, I am waiting for my battery on my cam to charge so I can update with some more picca's!!

Especially since 2 of my cichlids have their mouth full of fry!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store