My Aqueon 210 Tank

bjbass

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2010
PA
SpeshulEd;4262956; said:
Well, unfortunately the RTC never made it to the pond. I came home from work one day last week and found him stuck to the floor. He had pushed back the light that was covering the lid's, pushed the lids open, fell over 4 feet and then flopped another 10. Found him almost in the master bedroom. I took the picture below and he took a breath. There was hope! I put him back in the tank and had the returns blow water through his gills. No dice. He seemed to be breathing lightly and would twitch every now and then but after a few hours, he was a goner.

I put my TSN in the tank in the meantime to keep it cycled. The TSN should work out nicely in my pond, but want to wait until I get some fish for the 210.

Also this week while cleaning my 55g in the garage, I noticed the temp was around 100. Took the breeder convicts out and tossed those in the pond. The random blood parrot was tossed in the 210 with the TSN. We'll see what happens with that one.

Got some new lights for the 210 as well. 2 sets of the 36" Marineland LED lights.
http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=21973

I took the legs off so they sit flat on top of the tank. Sorry, not the best photo.

and the TSN:
That sucks about the RTC! I really like your tank though.

I have the same tank and the same lights you do! I bought two double bright marineland LEDs. You have 4? I was thinking about getting another set.

Here are some pictures of my tank.

Should I go with 2 more of the double brite LEDs?

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Whoops, I meant I only have 2 of them. I have two of the 36" ones. Took the legs off so they can sit right next to each other. They go all away across the top.

I like them. They seem to provide plenty of light with it not being too bright. Plus the twinkle the LED's give off is just awesome.

I went with these because I wanted LED lunar lights for night. These had them built right in. The only thing I don't like is that you still need to switch from daylight to lunar. There's no way to do it on a timer.

Nice tank and aquascaping. I through those fake stumps in there just to have something in there. Had it mostly bare with the rtc cuz he was so big.

I want it to be a ray growout tank though, so I probably won't be able to do too much.

bjbass

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2010
PA
SpeshulEd;4263027; said:
Whoops, I meant I only have 2 of them. I have two of the 36" ones. Took the legs off so they can sit right next to each other. They go all away across the top.

I like them. They seem to provide plenty of light with it not being too bright. Plus the twinkle the LED's give off is just awesome.

I went with these because I wanted LED lunar lights for night. These had them built right in. The only thing I don't like is that you still need to switch from daylight to lunar. There's no way to do it on a timer.

Nice tank and aquascaping. I through those fake stumps in there just to have something in there. Had it mostly bare with the rtc cuz he was so big.

I want it to be a ray growout tank though, so I probably won't be able to do too much.
Thanks for the compliments!

Oh, ok. You and I have the same amount and type of light. I think that they light the tank pretty well, but I think that two more would really make a huge difference. Especially since the lunar lights that you speak of aren't bright enough IMO. I also took the feet off and put them straight on top.

Yours also do the same thing and add that light beam. I wonder if this is the way it will always look?

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Yeah, I'm not sure about the light beam. I wonder if they were off the top a bit if it'd still do that? I don't like how you can see the lights reflect off the glass tops either, but its minor.

bjbass

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2010
PA
SpeshulEd;4263105; said:
Yeah, I'm not sure about the light beam. I wonder if they were off the top a bit if it'd still do that? I don't like how you can see the lights reflect off the glass tops either, but its minor.
I was wondering if putting the feet back on would fix that too. You can't really see it on my pictures, but with the naked eye, mine looks just like yours. That is annoying, but my tank is new as well. It got better within the last week, but it is still there. I didn't notice it reflecting off the glass tops. I will have to look at that.

bjbass

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2010
PA
I am still thinking about buying two more of these lights. Are you still happy with just the two?

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Yeah, it could definitely be brighter, but at the time being I only have a small ray and pbass in there so there's not much action anyway.

I took out some of the crappy decorations and put in drift wood which make it seem darker as well. I'm going to make do for the time being, but maybe in the future add some more, especially if I add any plants to the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store