My channas

Auranti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
singapore
That's too bad, that you can't find buyers for the fry. They are quite rare. I suppose that you could make them feeders, but that would be a shame really.

Sorry to hear about the C. Panaw. It's amazing the small gaps that they can get through.
Yes, locally, there aren't many serious collectors, so rare species that are not so vibrant go unoticed.

Yeah snakeheads are amazing at slithering through small gaps. They are also very strong to lift the lids.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Perhaps you can offer some fry and gain a couple of new enthusiasts?

Auranti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
singapore
I usually give away 3-5 pcs for people who buy, even those who buy 1/2 pcs ill give many for free.

Thing is, i want people to know what they're getting into. When small, these guys are cute, but will take down tetras and other smaller fishes.

I will probably be giving them off with a fair warning on what these guys can become. But as you know, free stuff gets picked out fast without a second thought, just cause its free. I just hope they go to good hands.

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
Been a while since i read the this thread the sub forum is sort of hidden on my phone

But great pics as usual , looks like that female asiatica is quite full in the belly any signs of breeding ?

Auranti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
singapore
Hey DC :).

So far no breeding activity yet. I actually fed that asiatica girl less, and have only fed her once within the past 2 weeks with only a handful of mini mealworms, and her belly seem to have gotten even bigger if i remember seeing correctly (she is v elusive aft the new tank setup). The male also has his fins recovered to around 90%, so im hoping something good is on the way.

Ill try and get some pics, but with these 2, it can be quite tricky :).

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
Wow stunning pics of the pulchra!

As for the asitica it sounds like she may be gravid ! Certainly looks it , good luck !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store