My cichlids

bkfamus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2020
How are the Chets and Septemfasciata doing?

I moved my chets, again.. they were too young for my breidohri and meeki.. the current combo is working out well. for the breidohri anyways now on their 3rd spawn.. but no ripped fins on my meeki... ?

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
How are the Chets and Septemfasciata doing?

I moved my chets, again.. they were too young for my breidohri and meeki.. the current combo is working out well. for the breidohri anyways now on their 3rd spawn.. but no ripped fins on my meeki... ?
Hello,
thanks for checking in, the cichlids are doing well, still have all 8. They have doubled in size, though they don't seem to be the fastest growers, still the biggest ones are maybe 2.5"
Soon I will post some update pics. Have been busy with work, havent had much time to devote to them, just doing their weekly maintenance and being patient.
Im glad to hear that your fish are also doing well!

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
update pics as promised, have had these guys for just short of a year. The septemfascia are breeding, the chets are not yet. I have my first fry now from the septs, you can see in one of the pictures if you look close enough on the wood.

ca9.jpg

ca10.jpg

ca8.jpg

ca7.jpg

ca6.jpg

ca5.jpg

ca4.jpg

ca2.jpg

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Update for these fish

I decided to sell about half of the group to a member on the forum, and move the rest into my 48x18" rimless tank which had my big Sajica male. I kept only one septemfasciata male, didn't really want them breeding in this community tank. I kept 3 of the chetumalensis and I think I have a pair forming, but they are pretty small so if something is going to breed, better it's them. They have all grown and developed quite nicely since the upgrade.

image2.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
A final update on these fish- Last weekend I sold the group to a member here A Arowana.hw . We are remodeling the house and and although I really enjoyed these fish, I have to clear everything out to redo the floors, and a temporary situation would be difficult to find. I had the Sajica for almost 5 years, and the others for a few as well. Both the septemfasciata and chetumalensis bred for me, though I eventually removed females of both species to keep the peace. They will be missed, and after the remodel I will find some new cichlids to keep. Cheers

IMG_6474.jpeg

IMG_6478.jpeg

IMG_6479.jpeg

IMG_6480 (1).jpeg

IMG_6480.jpeg

IMG_6481.jpeg

IMG_6482.jpeg

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
Thank you both!
Sorry to disappoint you Gourami Swami Gourami Swami but H Helm Tetler is a bot!
It is trying to gain your favour in order to wreck havoc upon MFK! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Gourami Swami
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store