My emperor snakehead (Channa marulioides)

iinkeren

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2009
Jakarta
nice emperor you have. I notice that orange variant has more flower than the blue one but still bluish color is also interesting. I sold some blue variant juvies months ago to some colleagues but regret it that i dont keep even one pc in my tank

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
iinkeren;5033752; said:
nice emperor you have. I notice that orange variant has more flower than the blue one but still bluish color is also interesting. I sold some blue variant juvies months ago to some colleagues but regret it that i dont keep even one pc in my tank
It would be nice to cross a blue and yellow variant to make the blue variant get more band and flower patterns.

Oleoleole

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2007
BKK
iinkeren;5033752;5033752 said:
Agree to you. I have a lot of yellow (orange?) spec, 6 bands is common. Maximum that I found is 9 bands. But I still try to find more blue spec because it is better flower develop to full flower.

Oleoleole

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2007
BKK
King-eL;5034383;5034383 said:
It would be nice to cross a blue and yellow variant to make the blue variant get more band and flower patterns.
I hope so. Now I have 1 male blue spec but don't sure for sexing yellow spec.

AU_Arowana-RG

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2008
Cebu, Phillipines
Lovely Marulioides.

One question though. Does a blue variant exist with Channa Marulius? Just asking, as I'm trying to find as many ways to differentiate Marulius and Marulioides as possible. Which isn't much from what I've read up on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store