My new kamfa

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
I got a new FH,I made a thread about him. How has it come down to this?
Cause you wanted that to be. I told ya that the best tankmate for your bichir would be bichirs themselves cause it seems you want to keep the bichirs and changing the stock around them.
But you think I'm not an " Expert " And thus cannot give good advice.
I contradict

Reactions: Bbuckley

FahakaPapa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
Nice looking FH! :headbang2

I've kept bichirs in a 55 gallon - 4 of them. It was a heavily planted tank. Super fun to watch them swim around in and out of the plants. Didn't have anything else in the tank with them tho. Definitely wouldn't have tried keeping my Hog (amphilophus hogaboomorum) with them. He would have shredded them, regardless on tank size.

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
I think that you need to chilllax.
Think so man. My bad, better reply on some other thread. I had blocked this guy but unblocked him a few days ago.
Seems like we don't agree so better I block him again ?

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
You opinion on stocking a tank with sens in one of the previous threads where you debated with me and said that polyaddict's way of keeping bichirs and his stocking is ideal.
Bro polyaddict’s way of keeping bichirs IS ideal. Imo I think krismo has more experience keeping bichirs than you. You may be better at keeping other types of fishes but I think krismos is more knowledgeable on polypterus. I have seen people keeping flowerhorn with bichirs quite a few times, could be just his kamfa is more aggressive

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
When I first watched the OP's vid, I actually thought that it was a QT tank. Not his permanent home.

Reactions: ..puSkar..

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I have seen people keeping flowerhorn with bichirs quite a few times, could be just his kamfa is more aggressive

This is just bad advice, lots of things work, until one day when they don't. FH are typically aggro fish, that do not play nice in comm settings. Sometimes it can work, but quite often the end result is badly wounded or dead fish.

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
Bro polyaddict’s way of keeping bichirs IS ideal. Imo I think krismo has more experience keeping bichirs than you. You may be better at keeping other types of fishes but I think krismos is more knowledgeable on polypterus. I have seen people keeping flowerhorn with bichirs quite a few times, could be just his kamfa is more aggressive
Seriously huh? Think only the newbies / young keepers agree to his way of Fishkeeping.
I'm on the way the pros/ older guys keep them .
Depens.
You keep aro, bichirs and wanna add more to a 180 .
I won't even keep more than an Oscar pair in that sized tank. Maybe a solo jag .
That's my way of keeping fish. I want them to thrive not just live.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store