Oddball's Oddballs (Updated:3-28-15)

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
that mono is the biggest i have seen. i assume its in a tank with high ph but fresh.....

are you suggesting they can thrive in freshwater? (im curious not trying to beef..if so i might get a few for my 125)

and as far as i know there are two species...can they both live fresh all their lives?

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Awesome collection.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
syddakyd;3695898; said:
that mono is the biggest i have seen. i assume its in a tank with high ph but fresh.....

are you suggesting they can thrive in freshwater? (im curious not trying to beef..if so i might get a few for my 125)

and as far as i know there are two species...can they both live fresh all their lives?
He's in fresh with a pH over 8.0 (aragonite rice and block limestone/limestone fossils). I've had him for 5 years in that setup. I also had a pair of M. argenteus but, this M. sebae killed the smaller one. The black porgies killed the other argenteus.

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
Wow I just finished going through the whole thread. You have an amazing collection. One which I hope to match one day. I love the African aro and the Asian tarpon. I never knew there was a tarpon that stayed that small!

Oh and how aggressive are your porgies? Almost every sparid fish I have kept has been fairly nasty. How does the aggression compare to your cichlids?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store