:(

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Hard; yes. I knew I didn't have room for an appropriate tank for them. They went to a breeder in Memphis. He's putting them in a pair-only 150gal where he hopes they'll spawn for him. I get 1st option on any fry raised to selling size.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Not the greatest update. The hatchery is still on hold. Medical bills rose to ridiculous levels ($400+/month just for medications). Son required over $4k in dental. At the same time, we lost the central A/C-heat system in the house. The new one was nearly $5k. The cars and truck needed over $3k in work. We lost alot of the roof when a tornado passed through the area. We were only hit by side-band winds but it cost $3k+ for quick fixes a season before we were planning on a metal roof installation.
Add to all that the huge loss of my AUL recently, I haven't really had the same drive to get the projects done. I've sold most of my stock off to keep ahead of the bills.
All I currently have are my FRT and my oldest tropical gar. If no other snafus rear their ugly heads, we hope to get something going on the fish building soon. My wife wants me to limit the number of tanks to 20 and no more than 12-15k gallons. That's due to me working 65-90 hour work weeks at my regular job plus dealing with my own medical issues.
I have plans towards several breeding projects on tap with some new and rare species. So, I'm not out of the game yet. Just on a forced standby.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
I wish you lived near me I would offer assistance in the hatchery as far as waterchanges and helping to build.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
You're under way too much pressure, working that many hours every week oddball. it's not good for you.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
SOrry to hear about all the wonderful mishaps life throws at us. It seems its always something doesnt it? Hope all the bs is outta the way and you have a nicer road ahead of you. And man...you need to relax on the work load a little bit. YOu gotta leave some time for yourself bud.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
OMG! This is the most insane collection I've ever seen! The only thing that would make it better is if you also had HUGE arapaima's and sturgeons!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store