Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
No it really isn't. Your assuming when someone gets shot they flail their arms. Much more goes into determing why a gun or rote control or anything is on or near the body.

Gun shot wounds are much less dramatic than they appear to be like on TV.

He was shot in the head. One of the articles on it said a researcher or someone along those lines testified that he couldn’t have put it in his back pocket after being shot

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Really that's wierd theres only 2 tolls on the major highway and they are a buck each.

You in MD ? It's no where near as expensive as NYC man. Funny thing is I love beaches but hate the water lol I only go in up to my knees.... Parents let me watch jaws way too young haha.

I grew up near Coney island and was always on the beach kind of took it for granted most of my life
I recall Florida near Miami having a ridiculous amount of tolls,it seemed like we were paying something every few miles as we drove around.New York has high ass bridge tolls....some of them are more than ten bucks!

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Destin gets me. They have that bridge toll then not 2 miles down they have another which they send you pic and $4 worth of process fees for a measly $2 toll

I couldn't imagine NY or Miami. Maybe it's the way we drove in from Baltimore to DE but we got nailed with some tolls.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
He was shot in the head. One of the articles on it said a researcher or someone along those lines testified that he couldn’t have put it in his back pocket after being shot
Oh yeah no doubt I was just responding to the fact that he said the gun wouldn't be near him. I don't have a stance on this only that if he did pull the gun on the cop 1st...it's fair game.
I recall Florida near Miami having a ridiculous amount of tolls,it seemed like we were paying something every few miles as we drove around.New York has high ass bridge tolls....some of them are more than ten bucks!
Dude Staten island bridge is almost 20.
Destin gets me. They have that bridge toll then not 2 miles down they have another which they send you pic and $4 worth of process fees for a measly $2 toll

I couldn't imagine NY or Miami. Maybe it's the way we drove in from Baltimore to DE but we got nailed with some tolls.
I had to drive to airpirt in blatimore to pick up polys a few times. There is a toll but that's on the MD side.

How often do you come down ?

Reactions: imabot and J. H.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Interesting. What I hear unfortunately is let's but restrictions on all industrial facilities so we can fatten our pockets and make everyone broke. We just went through that remember? Everyone broke as a joke with no jobs.
Hello; If you refer to the way many government agencies go about making compliance rules with regard to their view about climate and sea level problems, then I agree they go too far. My comments are only meant to say that I figure sea level rise seems actually to be happening, not any comments as to the cause and especially not about any sort of cure.
I can comment on these things but such might be deemed too political. I hope it is safe to say I think many of the regulations are ineffective and I do not support them.

That is absolutely true, the fossil record bears an unassailable, witness
Some scientists argue that the levels have risen and fallen quite a few times.
Hello; Yes there are several such episodes hinted at in the geological record. Some of these took place over hundreds of millions and perhaps even of a billions of years span. The ice ages are much more recent with the last episode ending something over 10,000 years ago. These past events events surely give credit to the notion another sea level rise can be taking place.

I guess the actual thing that winds up being controversial is how much is natural and how much is influenced by people. I figure our combined activities all over the world "must" have some impact. For example we consume many tens of millions of barrels of oil each day. We have created huge heat islands which are our cities. I have no definite insight as to the percentage human activities make a difference, but there should be an impact.
[

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Hello; If you refer to the way many government agencies go about making compliance rules with regard to their view about climate and sea level problems, then I agree they go too far. My comments are only meant to say that I figure sea level rise seems actually to be happening, not any comments as to the cause and especially not about any sort of cure.
I can comment on these things but such might be deemed too political. I hope it is safe to say I think many of the regulations are ineffective and I do not support them.

Hello; Yes there are several such episodes hinted at in the geological record. Some of these took place over hundreds of millions and perhaps even of a billions of years span. The ice ages are much more recent with the last episode ending something over 10,000 years ago. These past events events surely give credit to the notion another sea level rise can be taking place.

I guess the actual thing that winds up being controversial is how much is natural and how much is influenced by people. I figure our combined activities all over the world "must" have some impact. For example we consume many tens of millions of barrels of oil each day. We have created huge heat islands which are our cities. I have no definite insight as to the percentage human activities make a difference, but there should be an impact.
[
Yeah agreed its murky. I'm going through something similar with the people in my HOA. Some people want us to stop using chemicals on out lawn. Since we are on well water. My argument is we are surrounded by farms that are pumping way more chemicals into the land than we could in 10 life times. We all share the same water table. Kind of like ok U.S can stop pumping co2 but what about India and China ? We all share the same ozone.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Hello; If you refer to the way many government agencies go about making compliance rules with regard to their view about climate and sea level problems, then I agree they go too far.
[
That's all I meant. Theres so many theories on why, but it all comes back to global warming...or some kind of other theory that the gov uses to rip money away from us.

The only way to really save the area is create another Nola.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
its also important to keep in mind Florida is sinking, esp Miami, and its below sea level in many places and kept dry by man made barriers. you ever look at there many sink holes? dang place built on sand, not the best ground foundation to build on.
No kidding the
Some scientists argue that the levels have risen and fallen quite a few times.
likely as the ice caps have receded before, you can even find old maps of Antarctica without/with minimal ice.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Yeah agreed its murky. I'm going through something similar with the people in my HOA. Some people want us to stop using chemicals on out lawn. Since we are on well water. My argument is we are surrounded by farms that are pumping way more chemicals into the land than we could in 10 life times. We all share the same water table. Kind of like ok U.S can stop pumping co2 but what about India and China ? We all share the same ozone.
Stop using those lawn chemicals man, I never did and my lawn was greener in the hottest months, besides it kills frogs and stuff like scots turf builder causes cancer.
We got to start somewhere man.
I've always suspected my step uncle died of that stuff (it was the nastiest death I've seen probably ever, it took him days to die, and he screamed the whole time, rip man).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store