Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
If you do not think you are paying for your neighbors alcoholism, drug addiction, smoking, obesity and such then I fear you are mistaken. Some of my information comes from having alcoholics among my relatives. From knowing some life long smokers who had no money by the time the smokes gave them a smoking related disease. This has not been a secret.
Yes i am aware of it. BUT I am also aware that it's still a free country and I don't follow the liberal doctrine of criticising every act I don't condone. See exhaust from our cars is harmful too. Butter can be just as deadly as whiskey. Live and let live

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Yes i am aware of it. BUT I am also aware that it's still a free country and I don't follow the liberal doctrine of criticising every act I don't condone. See exhaust from our cars is harmful too. Butter can be just as deadly as whiskey. Live and let live
Hello; First I am not a liberal. I am not criticising your acts or the acts of others. You have jumped to a defensive position which in not warranted. I also think people should generally be able to do pretty much what they want. The exceptions include those things that affect others.

Smoking for example. I quit smoking many decades ago and now the smell is nauseating and I have a strong reaction to it. I am pleased that I now longer have to risk breathing second hand smoke in resturants. I do not allow smoking on my property but figure you or others can smoke at your place all you want. My problem with smoking is that the expected disease outcomes result in expensive medical care. That many who smoke themselves into such tobacco related disease often cannot pay the cost of that freedom of choice.
My teachers health insurance started making smokers pay a bigger premium rate some years ago. This is the way it should be in that the extra premiums should pay for the greater likely hood of tobacco related disease for the smokers.

Car exhaust is somewhat different. Every car puts out toxic emissions that move around freely to the lungs of others. I was a driver before the first smog controls were placed on vehicles and can recall serious smog. For example if I have a creek that crosses my property onto someone else's property, do I have the right to poision that water when it is on my property?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Woman shaving in a public pool.
woman-shaving-legs-public-pool.jpg

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I just heard on the news that a woman was attacked by a diaper wearing monkey at a Home Depot in Florida!
Bad time to live in Florida, Yesterday a gator pulled a woman into a pond and killed her...later a panther was seen on video mauling a housecat in someone's front yard(took less then 5 seconds).

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Bad time to live in Florida, Yesterday a gator pulled a woman into a pond and killed her...later a panther was seen on video mauling a housecat in someone's front yard(took less then 5 seconds).
That woman who was caught shaving her legs in the pool was in Florida too!

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Isn't that because our neuron density has increased?
Don't know. Apparently there wasnt a brain present in the old skull to do a comparison.

Long read
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2776484/

Most studies are using a mathematically equation to guesstimate based on studies of mainly primates with other animals as a supporting cast.

A lot of it comes back to us having a link to apes.

I'm not trying to argue or say anyone's an idiot. If it's not factual it shouldn't be taken as such

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store