Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
I said that if someone saying Divine Intervention about the hurricanes in Florida right now, this would be seen as insensitive and callous. Not sure what that has to do with Race.

Chicxulub

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2009
Did they not have English class when you were in school? You should be ashamed of yourself for claiming the hurricane is going to hit Mexico because of some people in the general area. Mexicans must be lower on the importance scale than Floridans. You would break your keyboard in rage if Mexicans were calling Hurricane Michael in Florida divine intervention against the farmers who exploit seasonal farm workers .@Chicxulub , you should be ashamed of allowing this to stay up without a word.
Look. You're new here, and you pretty clearly don't know me.

I'm not the one to mess with. I'm easy to get along with most of the time, but you're rapidly identifying yourself as the current troublemaker. This conversation was rolling along just fine until you decided to start the problem over what was clearly a colloquial use of the word. We've long allowed the occasional slip of the tongue when mentioning guns, God or government, so long as people keep it civil.

From whence comes the lack of civility lately?

Don't try to tell me how to manage this site again. I've been monitoring this thread since the last time you started an argument. Consider this your informal warning.

Reactions: FMA4ME and skjl47

Chicxulub

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2009
IN OTHER NEWS

The frosted flatwoods salamander (Ambystoma cingulatum) is likely to be extinct in the wild after Hurricane Michael. Fortunately there's a stable captive population in Atlanta that could potentially be used to reintroduce them in the future

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Bf×w×

.....was this at a restaurant?....so people are supposed to enjoy their meal while some pooch takes a steaming dump on the floor right next to them?
So I went to check it out. Several dogs in a place you eat at. Lady spoon feeding her yorkie. I went next door to eat, but it was interesting. Clean spot just weird

• Pooch-ini®
    ShackBurger® dog biscuits and vanilla custard. Includes dairy, egg and sugar. Not intended for small dogs... just let 'em have a lick or two!

• Bag O' Bones
    5 ShackBurger® dog biscuits made just for us by NYC's Bocce's Bakery.

food_and_drink_4dogs.png

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Looks like we might have another Unabomber running around.....

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
you decided to start the problem over what was clearly a colloquial use of the word. We've long allowed the occasional slip of the tongue when mentioning guns, God or government, so long as people keep it civil.
I will preface this by saying that Divine Intervention has a positive connotation. I am not sure how saying God sent a hurricane to hit a caravan in Mexico (which isn't even near the hurricane) is a colloquial use of Divine Intervention. Seven Adults and five children have died from drowning and mudslides in Oaxaca alone. I do not think that is a appropriate thing to call "Divine Intervention" nor a "slip of the tongue".

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good grief dude you made your point already yet here you are back at it again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store