Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
Jimmy playing volleyball with the girls isn't a problem, but Jimmy playing basketball with them because he doesn't want to play with the boys is an issue.
can't see why, but if you can convince me , have at it.... I am 100% open to suggestion on the issue

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
can't see why, but if you can convince me , have at it.... I am 100% open to suggestion on the issue
I don't see a problem with any of that. It would be fun to have two boys basketball team in a school.

If you haven't noticed, boys and girls abilities are still different no matter how you want them to be equal.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
IT I don't think is ever going to "regress" into boys being more prevalent in girls sports .. that CAN easily be fixed with quotas .. but I can see the presumptive concern .. just like the bathroom issue ...if you WANT to believe it's gonna happen, it's easier to accept the premise there won't be rational thought applied

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
I'm totally cool with girls having less playing time because some boys who couldn't hack it with other boys his age is taking all of the girls playing time so the women's basketball coach can win the state championship.....

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
I'm totally cool with girls having less playing time because some boys who couldn't hack it with other boys his age is taking all of the girls playing time so the women's basketball coach can win the state championship.....
you really know any kids(boys) that REALLY want to play girls hoops? at least ones that aren't more comfortable with it ... gonna put said kid in a big pickle with his peers

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
Some people will do whatever it takes to gain an edge to win at all costs. What about individual sports like track, swimming, cross country?
thats coaches though......still got to get the kids to do it .. I see your guys point,,, but common sense tells me that the powers that be will nip it in the bud if it becomes an issue ,, seems to me that most school officials (of course not all, WE ALL know about teacher misconduct with students ,but we aren't eliminating teachers because of the few) are reasonable people that can be trusted to make proper decisions...even as it pertains to bathroom access,,, thats just my opinion ,other opinions will vary

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store