Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Its the cocoa that hurts dogs, chocolate high in sugar and low in cocoa most of the time will not kill a dog. I had a Chihuahua that got into a bunch of milk chocolate, it was fine. Then my cousins lab ate a pound of heavy dark chocolate and it killed it

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I can't wait to be playing again my backs feeling a bit better but the treatment hasn't worked as quick or as well as first time around :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/dogs-and-chocolate-get-the-facts

Err...not myth; and I would not risk a dog's well being to test the myth.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I certainly wouldn't say it is a myth that chocolate can kill a dog, just fairly unlikely. The link you provided talked about an eight-pound poodle that was fed a pound of chocolate and it didn't even die. I believe that chocolate is unhealthy for dogs and would never feed it to one, but I also believe that in all but the most extreme cases it probably won't really hurt the dog much.

I look at it like humans and alcohol. Chronic consumption can lead to death and it is also possible to die from overdose, but most of the time it is handled without too much damage.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
I can't wait to be playing again my backs feeling a bit better but the treatment hasn't worked as quick or as well as first time around :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Aye each time it takes longer but you'll heal up, no worries mate :)

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store