>:( Penguin 350 Bio Wheel RIP OFF!!!!!

aquariumguy2300

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2007
Massachusetts
The emporer and penguin bio wheels are supposed to slow down as they get older. As for the stalling, mine only does that when I need to change the filter.

scubasteve06

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2008
SC
youtube.com
did u not have the litttle purple cups in that the stems of the wheel sit in installed?

2004exrider

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Ohio
Well, long story short i did have the filters clean and it worked fine. Well i used some stuff to get the fog out of the water after i did some extensive cleaning because i stirred up some crap. Well it really clogged them up after a couple days. I couldnt believe how dirty they were, i cleaned them up and they are both spinning good!

Jimmy

SoCalDiscus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2007
Irvine, CA
www.socaldiscus.com
I recently bought a new penguin 350 and just as an FYI, the diameter of the wheels are different from ones I have bought previously. I tried swapping the wheels between filter boxes and they were getting hung up. I'm sure this isn't what your issue was, but I just thought I would mention it.

Also, In case you didn't know you can go online to petsmart.com and print off their prices and they will honor it at the store (at least here in southern california). This means that the 350 costs 26.99 instead of something like 50 bucks at the store. The stealth heaters also have a huge margin too.

cheyennefb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2008
Washington
i have one just like it, and couldnt figure out what the matter was. Then my husband went to transfer it to a cleaning tank, pulled apart the wand that goes into the water, looked into it and couldnt figure out what it was, turned it over and "sluuuuurppppp" out came a huge chunk of brown poo/slime. Works just like it used to now.

macantley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2008
south charleston WV
just a FYI the pengiun 350's are 47.99 at the local petsmart, on the website its 26.99, they price match so i got teh 350 for 26.99, the 200 is approx 20.99 on the website.

just seems like a good deal on the 350's to me, i purchased a 350 and a 200 because they didnt have two 350's in the store.

matthew

ShadowBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2007
Poplar Bluff, MO
Gotta keep bearings and everything else clean on penguins or they won't keep going. That's one of the downsides (if you can call it that). At least it makes you keep your filters maintained rather than slacking off :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store