pentair fiberglass tanks with viewing windows

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
The window on my 405 gallon tank shown in post #4 is 19" x 55". I purchased the tank from Aquatic Eco-Systems nearly five years ago. The freight from Florida to California was $419.11 with another $75 charge for crating. The tank was $951....so the price only went up $166.20 in five years.....not bad...... It is really sturdy.

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Any idea on what to use to paint it black without chipping?..... im a blue saltwater and black for freshwater kinda guy lol

I like how they also carry sumps for these ..... wish they had lids

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
A little late but why would want to paint the inside black the factory cor looks pretty good. In fact it might brighten the tank enough that you could get away with a lesser light.
From the picture they sure look well made. When we were farming we had a 800 gallon fiber glass tank and it wieghed nothing. You might not get dinged as bad as you think for shipping and the price isn't that bad. We looked a 150 glass tank in a Big Al's today and they wanted 1100 dollars for it.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I don't think you can paint the tank and be 100% satisfied with the results. IMO, you'll need to wet sand the entire back wall and re-coat it with black-tinted epoxy resin to have any chance at long lasting results.

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Thanks guys and i would want to paint it bc blue only looks good with saltwater ..... freshwater looks better with black ...... majority opinion

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
as oddball said you can sand it and coat with epoxy resin or you can also use liquid rubber.
or if you wanna be lazy you can do a micky mouse job and cut black pond liner to size and
silicone it to the back or how ever you want it. just make sure you silicone all around water
tight so water cant get in behind it. as for lids you can go to your local hard ware store and
buy plastic green house covers and use those. theyre cheap and easy to handle.

aseldon

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 20, 2015
Awesome tank for portability. M son and I can move the 420 without much effort. The tank is not the greatest for keeping bottom fish but,my mid-water swimmers look great in this style of aquarium.

View attachment 1130473
Apologies for reviving a somewhat old thread here. Oddball, what filtration are you running in yours? I was considering one of these and maybe getting an Ultima II filter for it but it would be nice to know what others have used.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I use these for my ray setups. I drill a hole in the back for a drain and plumb to a reeflo hammerhead pump. that feeds to the bottom of a 55 gallon drum full of R matala pads and pond matrix. there's two PVC returns just above the matrix and the water spills in through two holes I cut in the lid of the pond. never any ammonia/nitrite with huge bioloads and dirt cheap filtration.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store