Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
iv heard it used plenty

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
I'm sure they could be tamed down enough to be pets. Get some young, raise them up and breed them, raise the young and breed, etc etc. You'll get domesticated mongoose within a few generations. Of course, you'll also probably get animals that morph phenotypically from the original animals.

Just look at how many people in the US keep skunks, possums, and raccoons as pets. They may not be as human-centric as more domesticated animals, but they are tame and handle-able.

Cichlid king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2010
Caribbean
Conner;4742755; said:
I'm sure they could be tamed down enough to be pets. Get some young, raise them up and breed them, raise the young and breed, etc etc. You'll get domesticated mongoose within a few generations. Of course, you'll also probably get animals that morph phenotypically from the original animals.

Just look at how many people in the US keep skunks, possums, and raccoons as pets. They may not be as human-centric as more domesticated animals, but they are tame and handle-able.
Yep, but the mongoose where I live are descended from 7 animals originally brought from Jamaica, so they're not very genetically diverse.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store