Please post all your wolffish here...any type also can!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
I am currently testing a 10" aimara with three 6" brycon, there is occational chasing, most of the time it is fine. There have been few deep teeth marks appear on the brycon though. One adverse affects is that the aimara has given up taking dead food. Might be eyeing up the brycons. It maybe 'Hoplias psychology' that along with curupira if kept with fish that don't present a territorial threat and are too large to eat there won't be a problem. Still goes for algae magnets and hoses though.

Based on previous expearence I would not add two Hoplias together, especially if one was an aimara. as said I did have to pull out my intermedius (which I now think is lacedae). My curupira does go for my fowleri cat, I guess it's another ground dweller and this is in a 8x3 tank. It has crossed my mind to try removing the cat an the curupira and put the larger aimara 18" in there with the now very large brycons and ATF. I think if I try that it will need to be a couple of days watching just incase. I don't trust the large aimara. Still thinking about it. I would be gutted to loose the ATF. it is too large now to go in any other tank.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Did the golden pluck the convicts out of the bag, Mynher??? Awesome shots!!

mynheers_a_pint

Candiru
MFK Member
May 4, 2008
United Kingdom
Miguel;4719142; said:
Did the golden pluck the convicts out of the bag, Mynher??? Awesome shots!!
He couldn't quite rip the bag but he gave it a seriously good go. The black did most of the damage- he does have the bigger teeth after all! you can see a few of the holes but he managed to make it much bigger, so much so that a couple of convicts made a break for it. They were rapidly snapped up by both wolves. The other 3 convicts have assumed position beneath a large big of wood, jsut out of reach of the black, though I'm sure the Gold could get in there if he tried!

It really is only a matter of time before the others are snapped...

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
how does that comm between the Curupira and the Gold work? One sees they even do some team work....

mynheers_a_pint

Candiru
MFK Member
May 4, 2008
United Kingdom
definately a free-for-all and the gold does concede when the black throws his weight around, but otherwise they seem perfectly tollerant of eachother- appologies for the reflection's...

Team work...?

Naaa..!

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
great shots!!

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
jelly;4719305; said:
Awesume shots Liam.

Great! Liam!

Now I can skip that Mynheer bothersome typing!

Thanks Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store