Please post all your wolffish here...any type also can!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
Tigriuns™;4775545; said:
Bro Jelly,

How your small aimara doing??
Doing great although due to a recent comm experement with some brycon will not take anything other than live food. I must get some pics up. It's a very dark wol and for some reason difficult to get a decent pic.

channarox;4776315; said:
nice pics Jelly!
Cheers!

Miguel;4776333; said:
amazing that Lacerdae
He has really grown on me recently. I just tried another failed attempt of putting together with my curupira, It didn't go well. My curupira is a one wolf wolf.

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
kevinfleming21;4777179; said:
I was thinking about it, but Curupira just do not get as big or as angry as Aimara...unless someone could correct me on this statement
kevinfleming21;4777181; said:
stunning pics Jelly!
Thanks Kevin.

There is alot to be said for curupira. It's still an impresive fish when it gets large. There is also the possibility of keeping it with other fish a bit later on when you want more than one fish.

An aimara is a great fish but sometimes the aggresion can become a bit tedious. Trying to get an algae magnet out of the tank or even trying to clean the glass can become a pain in the ar$e. The issue is that they tend to hit objects very hard particulaly if they are a bit larger. My larger aimara lost a tooth smashing into the algae magnet, fortunatly Characins can grow their teeth back.

Just an alternative view for you to consider :)

kevinfleming21

Jurassic Aquatics
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2010
Chandler, AZ
I want that aggressive nature though. This was looking to be my single prize fish, solo in a 300 gallon. Do you think the Curupira measures up in aggressive/active/ interactive personality? Thanks for the input also.

Tigriuns™

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2007
Singapore
jelly;4778208; said:
Not as aggressive. But they become quite active in large tanks. Mine sometimes shoals with the brycon.

If you are happy with just one fish go with the Aimara.
Yes go for aimara... it is a zombie fish :screwy:

BM80

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2010
Toronto, Canada
No he means all it does is try to kill and eat him through the glass lol like a zombie would.

Ya kev, you want aggression, save your money and go with the aimara. Curupira are awesome in their own right but nothing compares to Aimara for just being plain nasty towards pretty much everything.

mynheers_a_pint

Candiru
MFK Member
May 4, 2008
United Kingdom
Unless you have space for multiple tanks, it might get a bit dull having a 300g tank that is nearly empty, however interactive it's occupant is. At least with the Curupira you may be able to fill a tank with a few fish.

Incidently, my Curupira has, inexplicably, developed a personallity! I tried some mussels as food as the bass was said to feed well on them and incredibly, the Wolf really started going nuts for them. 2 days later and the greedy little sod will sit at the glass begging for food and now goes for anything that hits the water... including hands and hoses. Had a bit of a close call yesterday, i can tell you!

Tigriuns™

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2007
Singapore
BM80;4778800; said:
No he means all it does is try to kill and eat him through the glass lol like a zombie would.

Ya kev, you want aggression, save your money and go with the aimara. Curupira are awesome in their own right but nothing compares to Aimara for just being plain nasty towards pretty much everything.
Plus it bang itself till lip is broken and bleeding with broken teeth still bang on the glass as if they dun feel pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store