Please post all your wolffish here...any type also can!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
Ery Sp.peru and ery ery can be hard to tell apart but theres a few main differences

A great way to tell them apart is that Sp. peru does not have an orange stripe at the top of its dorsal fin while Ery ery does

A few other differences is Sp. peru will have there redish orange color at only the base of there caudal fin. There color is a difference as we'll Sp. peru has a much brighter orange to them and will often have red mixed in with there orange while i haven't seen any redish colors to Ery ery also Sp. peru will only get there redish orange color below there lateral line

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
BTW how come this thread hasen't been stickyed ?

EAST L.A.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2007
EAST L.A.
Im looking into buying a male and female Red fin wolf fish, wondering if anyone could tell me how to tell the difference between them. I would like to know ASAP because I saw the new ban list from my lfs. Starting the 1st of the new year they are being banned.

chonhzilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2007
Fresno CA
EAST L.A.;2279820; said:
Im looking into buying a male and female Red fin wolf fish, wondering if anyone could tell me how to tell the difference between them. I would like to know ASAP because I saw the new ban list from my lfs. Starting the 1st of the new year they are being banned.

Really banned starting next year?...oh man...that sucks

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
EAST L.A.;2279820; said:
banned????:screwy:
its almost impossible to tell the differences.
have to buy a group and grow them out and see if you get a pair.
they are EXTREMELY aggressive to each other.
ive had luck keeping multiples only with a big group and lots and lots of hiding places.

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
Wouldn't be supprise alot of fish are banned or getting banned in CA

There sexuly Monomorphic so there no way to tell them apart by looking at them and i'm not sure if you can't vent them

They are said to be very aggressive twords each other so if ou try it get a large tank and alot of hiding spots and let us know how it goes i'm sure they can be breed

Not sure why you would wan't a male and female they don't really pair up like cichlids and if you got fry you could only use them as feeders or somethin

chonhzilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2007
Fresno CA
killerfish;2282390; said:

There sexuly Monomorphic so there no way to tell them apart by looking at them and i'm not sure if you can't vent them

They are said to be very aggressive twords each other so if ou try it get a large tank and alot of hiding spots and let us know how it goes i'm sure they can be breed

Not sure why you would wan't a male and female they don't really pair up like cichlids and if you got fry you could only use them as feeders or somethin
Use the fry's as feeders? ..... :eek: :(

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
killerfish;2282390; said:

wolves do pair up and will continue breeding several times.
as for the fry,wouldnt it be cool to have your own army of red wolves.:grinno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store