Please post all your wolffish here...any type also can!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
vinnyrhom;2510686; said:
she was 3" when i got her, her growth rate was really fast until she hits around 11" now.
didnt you get her a few months back?
thats fast growth!

edit:yea...thats what i thought.
from braveheart right?

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
With the exception of the first day I introduced the Convicts to my wolf tank, the mala has left them alone. They even swim along side with him on occasion. There doesn't seem to be any territorial battles as they hang around his driftwood as well.

Of course this could be because he's only 8"+ right now, once he hits 12" or so it could all change. But I'm really thinking about moving him in with my oddball tank so I can condense some tanks.

It would be the mala, red wolf, 2 senegals and 2 spotted raphaels in my 120g. My main concern of course would be the red wolf and mala together. The red wolf is a lot more territorial, but with enough driftwood and rocks I think it could possibly work until the mala gets much larger.

The only thing I have working in my favor is the mala will not eat live food, he is stuck on frozen / pellets.

sevendreamz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2007
Greensboro
Mudfrog;2514016; said:
With the exception of the first day I introduced the Convicts to my wolf tank, the mala has left them alone. They even swim along side with him on occasion. There doesn't seem to be any territorial battles as they hang around his driftwood as well.

Of course this could be because he's only 8"+ right now, once he hits 12" or so it could all change. But I'm really thinking about moving him in with my oddball tank so I can condense some tanks.

It would be the mala, red wolf, 2 senegals and 2 spotted raphaels in my 120g. My main concern of course would be the red wolf and mala together. The red wolf is a lot more territorial, but with enough driftwood and rocks I think it could possibly work until the mala gets much larger.

The only thing I have working in my favor is the mala will not eat live food, he is stuck on frozen / pellets.
Yeah the 12in mark can bring about a "MEAN STREAK" in the malas. Im not sure about the red wolf and mala, channarox said he has seen it done before, so it may work. I have seen a gold wolf and mala toghether but they were still young, dont know how that would go once they got older. You can try it, provide enuff hiding spaces and make sure you keep an eye on them. And you're def. in luck w/ your wolf not taking live food, that def. decreases their aggression.....Good Luck...;)

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
We'll see.. I'm second guessing it lol

I think for right now they will be fine.. and eventually they would move out of his tank as I plan on picking up a 100g showpiece tank in my living room for the red wolf and bichirs.

Besides.. when I had my Red Wolf in the 120g he spent most of the day in his "lazy lounging" position... Quite odd to see a fish allow themselves to be sucked against the overflow :D

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
Mudfrog;2514016; said:

i think the red wolf will pick the fight and get killed.
very little chance it will work even with lots of DW and rocks.
spotted raphaels dont get very big do they?
they might be seen as food by the wolf.

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
sevendreamz;2514500; said:
Yeah the 12in mark can bring about a "MEAN STREAK" in the malas. Im not sure about the red wolf and mala, channarox said he has seen it done before, so it may work. I have seen a gold wolf and mala toghether but they were still young, dont know how that would go once they got older. You can try it, provide enuff hiding spaces and make sure you keep an eye on them. And you're def. in luck w/ your wolf not taking live food, that def. decreases their aggression.....Good Luck...;)
not with just one ery ery and a common.
the chances of it working are.....almost none.

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
Mudfrog;2514613; said:
We'll see.. I'm second guessing it lol

I think for right now they will be fine.. and eventually they would move out of his tank as I plan on picking up a 100g showpiece tank in my living room for the red wolf and bichirs.

Besides.. when I had my Red Wolf in the 120g he spent most of the day in his "lazy lounging" position... Quite odd to see a fish allow themselves to be sucked against the overflow :D

looks good.
but if this guy every picks a fight with the common,hes dead.

vinnyrhom

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2005
MN, USA
channarox;2511954; said:
didnt you get her a few months back?
thats fast growth!

edit:yea...thats what i thought.
from braveheart right?
yes i got her from braveheart. i have a question for you. base on the pics, do you think that my lac is a boy or girl?

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
no sure way to tell at this age...
the differences will be slight to none.
but i think it will turn out female.
fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com