Please post all your wolffish here...any type also can!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
1badspilo;2729698; said:
Here are a few of my new pair of Hoplias. I just got them Saturday! The tank is in need of a decor and substrate overhaul but I want to let them get settled first! One is 16" And the other 14"!!

very nice.
hopefully they are a male/female pair.

1badspilo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2008
snake in the grass
^^^ I am praying they are. I would love to have a breeding pair. I picked up some babies from a breeding pair when I got these guys. They are only like 3/8" long.

1badspilo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2008
snake in the grass
chonhzilla;2730245; said:
hey 1badspilo, is that blue soil from that "calcium sand" for reptiles? nice mala's by the way.

No, I it is Crayola color sand from Wal-mart. I took over the tank when my girlfriends fish died and have not got around to changing it yet.

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
chonhzilla;2730245; said:
hey 1badspilo, is that blue soil from that "calcium sand" for reptiles? nice mala's by the way.
Woundering the same thing i've never seen blue sand other then for reptiles

nyinfamous2k2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 15, 2008
NY
Whats up, loving this thread, great looking wolves. heres a few pics of my wolf pack, I have 3 malas which are 7, 8 , and 9 inches.

heres my 9 incher ........lol

the 8 incher

and the little guy, prob got the most colors

Im in the middle of changing the decor, took out the rocks and slowy going to load it up with some nice large driftwood. Also I always was a advocate of the black sand but after seeing Mudfrog and Rambo's malas with normal color sand...... I dont know im kinda feeling the normal color, brings out the true colors of the wolves.

1badspilo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2008
snake in the grass
^^^Really nice set-up! Do they fight very often? I ask because their fins look like they are perfect. My guys were in a crowded tank with 6 other Wolfs (black xingu and other commons)and are beat to hell. The bottom of the big ones mouth looks like hamburger. I am hoping they heal up fast and look as good as yours!!

nyinfamous2k2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 15, 2008
NY
1badspilo;2731153; said:
^^^Really nice set-up! Do they fight very often? I ask because their fins look like they are perfect. My guys were in a crowded tank with 6 other Wolfs (black xingu and other commons)and are beat to hell. The bottom of the big ones mouth looks like hamburger. I am hoping they heal up fast and look as good as yours!!

Thanks, I had it set up with alot more rocks and plants as you can see in one of the pics but I changed it now to just two large pieces of Driftwood and open space in the middle as you can see in the top pic. 2 of the reasons for doing this was because 1 I was selfish and wanted to see them more and 2 I did see some fighting over territories when I had alot of hiding spaces but now they do seem to get along alot better, theres still some hiding spots but alot more room so they dont feel cramped and invaded if one just swims by. I suggest try switching up your setup till you find what works best for them. definately the size of the tank matters also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store