Please post all your wolffish here...any type also can!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

local hero

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2006
...in my head
KRSwop1 why do you believe my fish is not lacerdae?

sevendreamz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2007
Greensboro
channarox;1974915; said:
theres a feeding vid on youtube somewhere.

Is that the one where it snatches some whitebait or something and bites a crayfish in half....LOL....ive seen that vid....I would love to see it eat a (QUARANTINED OF COURSE) large tilipia, bluegill or bass. No viscious Aimara vs _____ video, just the fish doing what it does best....EATING....LOL....

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
sevendreamz;1977021; said:
Is that the one where it snatches some whitebait or something and bites a crayfish in half....LOL....ive seen that vid....I would love to see it eat a (QUARANTINED OF COURSE) large tilipia, bluegill or bass. No viscious Aimara vs _____ video, just the fish doing what it does best....EATING....LOL....

haha.
that would be great.

KRSwop1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
local hero;1976132; said:
KRSwop1 why do you believe my fish is not lacerdae?
Well, lacerdae have a much more random blotch pattern and your fish seems to have the dark blotches in the same location as a malabaricus. Lacerdae and aimara's tails are much thicker and taller than malas. Their tails are much more parallel after the slope of their back, where as Mala's tail taper's down more from their back (it's narrower at the base of the tail than it is closer to the back). Then there's the jaw structure that needs to be taken into consideration. That's the easiest way to ID malas from the other species. If you can get a pic up from under it's chin, I can tell you for sure. If you search back through my threads, you can find pics of my old tapajos lacerdae and compare their pattern.

local hero

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2006
...in my head
I'll try and get some new photos, it has that striped pattern with or with out the combination of the diagonal bars to form that herring bone pattern only during the day. In the evening (with the lights on) it looks exactly like the lacerdae SLANTED is trying to sell right now. The dentaries are parallel and non-convergent.........

KRSwop1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
local hero;1979545; said:
I'll try and get some new photos, it has that striped pattern with or with out the combination of the diagonal bars to form that herring bone pattern only during the day. In the evening (with the lights on) it looks exactly like the lacerdae SLANTED is trying to sell right now. The dentaries are parallel and non-convergent.........
It's true that lacerdae's sometimes have the dark band, but it's nt as prominent as it is in other wolf species. Here are a few pics of my old lac when it was smaller. This is what I was talking about as far as their pattern goes. It's random blotches, not a herring bone pattern like malas. And slanted's photos don't show the lac pattern very well, because wolves get darker as they get more mature and the pattern becomes not as noticeable.

attachment-1.php.jpg

attachment.php.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store