Please post all your wolffish here...any type also can!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnyrhom

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2005
MN, USA
sorry i am not an wolf expert, but your wolf looks like mala.. please correct me if i am wrong. i think G posted the same pics of yours.i will try to get those pics.

KRSwop1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
local hero;1990499; said:
here's a chin shot.........
It's a mala. It's not a matter of how far apart they are, it's the shape and structure that help ID the species. The dentiaries move further apart when a fish breathes or opens it's mouth. The shape though doesn't change. Convergent means that they come together at some point. They don't necessarily have to touch, but they aren't running parallel to the jaw line, which lacerdae and aimara's do. Here's a pic I found on the web. Hopefully everyone will understand this after the pic is posted. And don't get me wrong, it i definately a cool wolf, but it does matter in IDing it. 1 lacerdae's are worth a lot more money, so if you decide to sell it you know what it's worth. And 2 if you paid a lacerdae price for a mala, you should get your money back.

So, as far as the pic goes, mala on the left (convergent) and lacerdae on the right (parallel).

tetras36.jpg

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
KRSwop1;1993960; said:
It's a mala. It's not a matter of how far apart they are, it's the shape and structure that help ID the species. The dentiaries move further apart when a fish breathes or opens it's mouth. The shape though doesn't change. Convergent means that they come together at some point. They don't necessarily have to touch, but they aren't running parallel to the jaw line, which lacerdae and aimara's do. Here's a pic I found on the web. Hopefully everyone will understand this after the pic is posted. And don't get me wrong, it i definately a cool wolf, but it does matter in IDing it. 1 lacerdae's are worth a lot more money, so if you decide to sell it you know what it's worth. And 2 if you paid a lacerdae price for a mala, you should get your money back.

So, as far as the pic goes, mala on the left (convergent) and lacerdae on the right (parallel).
i agree.

kendog1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2007
new york
you all have some great lookin hoplias, been wantin an amaira or lacerdae for quite some time now, heres a couple of my mala, hes bout 10" now

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0445.JPG

IMG_0444.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store