Post your Wolf fish Pictures!!

mynheers_a_pint

Candiru
MFK Member
May 4, 2008
United Kingdom
few new pics of my growing Curupira;

He's pushing 17-18" now and is voracious and dangerously tame now. Between him/her and my Mono, it's getting dangerous to put my hand in the tank...

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
vinnyrhom;4991484; said:
it seems like my 120 gallon is not big enough for my lac. i wish i can get the bigger tank for her but i am broke now..lol
Looks good, What are the dimensions of the 120?

DarthRhom;5028674; said:
My fat Mala. Around 11"s. Taken from my camera phone.
Nice.

mdmuping;5063183; said:
My 16 inches H. curupira. Although it is not aggressive compared with aimara but it takes alot of food.
Nice, good colouring.

mynheers_a_pint;5089478; said:
few new pics of my growing Curupira;

He's pushing 17-18" now and is voracious and dangerously tame now. Between him/her and my Mono, it's getting dangerous to put my hand in the tank...
Looking good. Thats good growth, mine is still about 15".

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Update on my Hoplias Curupira! I am going to sell him as he just took a few inches of the tail of my Aba Aba knife fish! All was good in the tank until I sold the peacock bass. I guess I messed with the harmony in the tank by doing so. Oh well I still have my Aimara.No more spare tanks for the Curupira so he must go.:( Through him in the ray tank for now. I will move him tomorrow to a divided tank by himself.

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

• Love
Reactions: bettapatua

TheDorikiN

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2011
Bandung, Indonesia
channarox;5140296; said:
I'm pretty sure Macropthalmus = Aimara.
What you have is H. Curupira.
are you sure that aimara = macrophthalmus?

because the list i got from the germany exporter, there is hoplias aimara listed too

so i think its a different species :)

and i think they pretty sure are pros, they dont wrong labelled their fishes as common south american exporters did

in fishbase.org they are 2 separated species too

what make you so sure that mine are curupira? :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store