Python doesn't fit with my faucet. Any suggestions?

asm129

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Cafe Lu
I just bought a 50ft. python gravel cleaner and I tried to hook it up to my kitchen faucet, but the faucet head is about 1/4 inch smaller than the python faucet adapter.

Is there something I can do to fix it? I just bought a python and have no experience using one before.

Thanks again.

Raetak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2010
Florida, USA
LOL I read the title and I thought it said "My python doesn't fit in faucet, any suggestions?"

swk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2009
Sonoma county
There are a variety of adapters available from the manufacturer or at your local hardware store. I would take the parts with you to make sure it'll all work.

spaulding

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2007
south bend, IN
swk;4178160; said:
There are a variety of adapters available from the manufacturer or at your local hardware store. I would take the parts with you to make sure it'll all work.

i'd go with this. take the pieces with you to lowe's, homedepot, your friendly nieghborhood hardware store, etc., and explain what you need. i'm sure someone will be able to help you.

scriving

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
the cuts
how do you condition water with the python? If it comes right out of your tap.

uncwnells

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2008
Wilmington, NC
add prime to your tank, then fill

scriving

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
the cuts
i see so you could do that with buckets to i always put my conditioner right into the buckets instead of into my tank first i feel if i just put the conditioner into the new tap i am better off.

08trdoffroad

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2009
Utah, USA
There are many adapters that can be purchased at your LHS that will allow you to connect the python to your faucet. I can't imagine having aquariums and not having a python!!! Best item I have ever purchased!

I also just dose the appropriate amount of prime for the new water I am replacing right before I begin refilling the tanks. Never had an issue doing it this way!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store