Python doesn't fit with my faucet. Any suggestions?

packer43064

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2008
Ohio
scriving;4178203; said:
i see so you could do that with buckets to i always put my conditioner right into the buckets instead of into my tank first i feel if i just put the conditioner into the new tap i am better off.
Just use Prime before filling tank. All will be fine. Or waste time filling buckets. Doesn't matter to me.:D

This is what you need OP. You probably have the plastic piece of crap one. Buy this one, you can take out the rubber piece as shown in the first pic. This will work for your faucet. I had to buy this one.

packer43064

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2008
Ohio
08trdoffroad;4178228; said:
There are many adapters that can be purchased at your LHS that will allow you to connect the python to your faucet. I can't imagine having aquariums and not having a python!!! Best item I have ever purchased!

I also just dose the appropriate amount of prime for the new water I am replacing right before I begin refilling the tanks. Never had an issue doing it this way!
The Prime instructions says to dose for entire tank volume if filling directly to tank. But hey if it works.

asm129

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Cafe Lu
packer43064;4178235; said:
Just use Prime before filling tank. All will be fine. Or waste time filling buckets. Doesn't matter to me.:D

This is what you need OP. You probably have the plastic piece of crap one. Buy this one, you can take out the rubber piece as shown in the first pic. This will work for your faucet. I had to buy this one.
Thanks. Just what I was looking for. And thanks to everyone else for the replies.

08trdoffroad

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2009
Utah, USA
packer43064;4178237; said:
The Prime instructions says to dose for entire tank volume if filling directly to tank. But hey if it works.
I usually remove less than 50 gallons and dose an entire cap full. Haven't lost a fish yet.

Just a random tid bit of info. I read somewhere you can dose up to four times the recommended amount of prime before it can harm fish...that is alot of prime! lol

packer43064

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2008
Ohio
08trdoffroad;4180847; said:
I usually remove less than 50 gallons and dose an entire cap full. Haven't lost a fish yet.

Just a random tid bit of info. I read somewhere you can dose up to four times the recommended amount of prime before it can harm fish...that is alot of prime! lol
Yeah 5X the ammount to detoxify nitrates. Which I agree that is a bunch! lol

ravio11i

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Raleigh NC
Did you make sure you don't have an aerator thing in there, most faucets have a ring that needs to be unscrewed then the python will screw into the faucet.
Rav

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store