Rarest fish you own?

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
Wow! The payara is awesome and my dream fish is a tiger fish (Goliath tiger fish, but yours is still a tiger fish which is really cool).
cheers bud
both are favourites of mine. The scoombs I have had since August and is just ace, greedy little bugger

The Tiger is in a different tank and just looks like the boss of the tank already, only about 8" but just looks ace

Reactions: Tyler Fish

Tyler Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2023
cheers bud
both are favourites of mine. The scoombs I have had since August and is just ace, greedy little bugger

The Tiger is in a different tank and just looks like the boss of the tank already, only about 8" but just looks ace
Yeah they look awesome. I can imagine the the tiger fish would be the boss.

xenacanth9

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2021
The rarest fish currently in my possession Symphurus plagiusa, a small flatfish. The only time I have seen this species for sale was a listing on this site from nearly twenty years ago. I only have one at the moment. I have observed and caught these fish in their native environment several times in the past, though have not attempted to keep them yet. Mine is incredibly small, and I worry about its safety in my tank at times. However, they tend to appear in large quantities in late May into summertime, so I have little doubt that I will be able to obtain more.

Other bizarre native fish I have kept include Strongylura marina, Chasmodes bosquianus, Hypsoblennius hentz, and Prionotus carolinus.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store