Salminus Franciscanus (Golden Dorado)

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
And I thought you would've sold them and tried something different already, like you did with the trevally
Kens trevally were pretty damn sweet though I enjoyed that growout group just as much as this one

Reactions: moe214

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Kens trevally were pretty damn sweet though I enjoyed that growout group just as much as this one
Being from the Islands, trevally (ulua/papio) will always have a place in my heart.
It started when boosten audi offer to ship me his trevally. I decided to get some from Wes. That first batch I sold off because I went home on vacation and no one could take care of them. They were only 4". The second batch which is the thread you are referring to managed to stay with me for about a year and again I had to sell because I had no one to take care of them while I was gone. The dorados were thrown in to keep the tank cycling which was recommended by JL. I guess you can call them my red headed step child. I know I can do better if I get trevallies again. I learn more each time. Third time's a charm.

Reactions: cigars and moe214

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I enjoy all his threads because he keeps them updated and it's of fish people don't keep everyday. We can learn something from all of his threads. What more can one ask for from a stranger lol

Reactions: cigars

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
I enjoy all his threads because he keeps them updated and it's of fish people don't keep everyday. We can learn something from all of his threads. What more can one ask for from a stranger lol
The secret is to pick fish that matches the color of your wrist watch.

Reactions: moe214 and cigars

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
The secret is to pick fish that matches the color of your wrist watch.
You do have a nice wrist watch I remember from the HULON style pics you used to take with the Bahia kelberi, I may have also seen it in a filtration thread ;)

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
You do have a nice wrist watch I remember from the HULON style pics you used to take with the Bahia kelberi, I may have also seen it in a filtration thread ;)
Right. Got rid of the bahia bling, so got another cheap watch. It's yellow and silver. Thus, I had to get the trevally.

Last edited:
Reactions: cigars and moe214

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Hey, do you know why I'm a little pale? Check out the bloke above ^.
Well, it rained for two days this week and it is freaking cold. The cheap bastard didn't turn up the heat. What is a predator to do? Oh well, it's nice and sunny again and I'm feeling good.

image1.JPG

Reactions: cigars
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store