Show off your African Riverine and Madagascar pics

Cichlids-r-beasts

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Snapped a couple pics tonight for you guys. my female butti and one of the female jags had a little flare off, so the butti had her "im grumpy" colors on. Thought you guys would like to see her colored up.
View attachment 1282758 View attachment 1282757
And one more pic. I managed to catch the tail end of the "argument" lol
View attachment 1282759

Edit: before you guys ask whats up with the substrate, it gets leveled out every weds and sunday with waterchanges. And this is what she does to it by the next a.m lol
That's exactly what my butti does too lol. I'm surprised the jag decided to pick a fight with her! She dwarfs the managuense.

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
That's exactly what my butti does too lol. I'm surprised the jag decided to pick a fight with her! She dwarfs the managuense.
tell me about it that little jag is an f1 honduran. Close to the smallest fish in the tank, and rules the roost. She thinks shes like an 18" dovii or something lol

Reactions: J. H.

Milingu

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2015

Trimapit

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 12, 2017
Texas
Yeah well came home today after being gone the last few days and my Male Buttikoferi killed the Female! I went from (10) and am officially down to (1). Now this male did kill like half of them by making them jump out or the old fashion murder section. So he is now solo.

Cichlids-r-beasts

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Yeah well came home today after being gone the last few days and my Male Buttikoferi killed the Female! I went from (10) and am officially down to (1). Now this male did kill like half of them by making them jump out or the old fashion murder section. So he is now solo.
That sucks

Trimapit

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 12, 2017
Texas
So the Buttikoferi officially clicked on yesterday. He is out for everyone. So I guess may the fun begin. This weekend will consist of pulling some Grow outs from the tank, and redoing the tank to accommodate a specimen only situation. Will start a thread for him on Monday.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store