Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
JohnnyRooster;2745799; said:
Here are some more of my German red and my deformed red top Lwanda, I've had him for about 3 days now i ordered him from Livefishdirect. I've been trying to contact him with no luck.
They are all gorgeous.. you have such beauties..even the new guy,

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
JohnnyRooster;2745890; said:
about the german red. Thanks for the complement Liz i really give them alot of care and take pride in the.
why do i say what?? do not understand.. your welcome.. :D

JohnnyRooster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2008
Ventura
Red Devil;2745939; said:
why do i say what?? do not understand.. your welcome.. :D
No not you Red Devil. I was saying that to Syder, after the comment about my German red. Hes not a hybrid, its just good line breeding.

why_spyder

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Sioux City, IA
www.cynotilapia.info
JohnnyRooster;2746232; said:
Hes not a hybrid, its just good line breeding.
Let me first say this, if you are happy with the fish, then don't listen to what I say - just enjoy the fish, okay?

That male doesn't have a the right body shape for it to be a good, linebred "Aulonocara" species. It is way too tall vertically to be a quality peacock-type.

I use quotes because there is a lot of controversy about the origin of these fish - and the only people that know whether it is or isn't a hybrid is the originators...

BarroomHero

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2008
Las Vegas
JohnnyRooster;2745799; said:
Here are some more of my German red and my deformed red top Lwanda, I've had him for about 3 days now i ordered him from Livefishdirect. I've been trying to contact him with no luck.
Ive had a few deformed fish come from livefishdirect.com, but never anything that bad, it was always pretty slight in the ones I had problems with. They should be very embarrassed that they sent you that fish.

JohnnyRooster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2008
Ventura
why_spyder;2746338; said:
Let me first say this, if you are happy with the fish, then don't listen to what I say - just enjoy the fish, okay?

That male doesn't have a the right body shape for it to be a good, linebred "Aulonocara" species. It is way too tall vertically to be a quality peacock-type.

I use quotes because there is a lot of controversy about the origin of these fish - and the only people that know whether it is or isn't a hybrid is the originators...
well you might be right, to tell you the truth he's my first peacock to full mature. Come to think of it, his fore head stands taller than the ones i've seen in the LPS that I bought him from.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store