Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

MalawiTango

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2008
N Virginia
Thank you and No problem!!! I remember when I started out, I wished there was a list of fish and pics of them showing color so I would know what they would look like because more often then not they are only available as juvies. If my pics help atleast one person with their search for their next awesome fish ill be happy.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
MalawiTango;3173983; said:
Thank you and No problem!!! I remember when I started out, I wished there was a list of fish and pics of them showing color so I would know what they would look like because more often then not they are only available as juvies. If my pics help atleast one person with their search for their next awesome fish ill be happy.
i know you helped anyone who needs to know.. including me... there are always a few i don't remember.. good job and thanks again..

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
From Oddball... just incase i need this info on bloat i am sticking it here... important info...thanks Phil There are already several threads. This might help. I posted it a while back:

Here's my recipe for combatting bloat that I posted for another member:

To treat Bloat, the plan of attack is:
Metronidazole and water changes, water changes, water changes!!

1. Remove carbon/resins from filter.
2. Perform a 30-50% water change (reduces free-floating bacteria population)
3. Add salt (teaspoon to a tablespoon per gallon) to aid the fish's osmotic regulation processes.
4. Treat with 250mg/20gallons of Metronidazole (Flagyl)
5. Leave for 3 days and do not feed.
6. After 3 days, perform another large water change.
7. Replace the salt.
8. Add full dosage of Metronidazole.
9. Wait another 3 days. During this phase, the bloat should be decreasing in appearance. In large fish, the water may take on an ammonia odor from the high volume of urea the fish should now be producing due to reducing the bloat and recovering renal activity.
10. 3rd day, another water change. Also, replace the salt and redose the metronidazole (full dose). If the fish looks to be well on the road to recovery you can offer a small feeding each day.
11. Another water change. No meds but, I'd recommend the salt. You should be clear now.

This is the treatment I use on my africans, puffers, and my lungfishes/polypteridae. Knock on wood that it's worked every single time

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
iamzrad;3199864; said:
Here is two that I took tonight,
Sciaenochromis Ahli

Nimbochromis Venustus
i am sorry i took so long to see these.... :nilly::nilly:absolutely stunning pics.. just gorgeous.

iamzrad

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2008
Southern Penn
Protomelas sp. 'Steveni Taiwan' (Leucistic)

Aulonocara jacobfreibergi Undu Reef 'Lemon Jake'

Copadichromis borleyi

Aulonocara Baenschi 'Benga'

Aulonocara Rubescens

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store