Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
So 1 hour later. And a very nice free fish. (He is likely almost 10 inches.) I have him in the smaller tank for the next week or two till I move him to the main tank.... And the tank is due for its water change tomorrow so well not the best photos. (The previous owner had him in a 30 gallon... Oh and we had fun confusing a parking lot monitor when we said were exchanging fish and would be leaving shortly... while he pulled out the giant bag with the fish.)

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
Oh sorry I for some reason I thought you all had some mystical method of knowing what fish I was getting :) Anyways it is an Fossorochromis rostratus. I have this little (4") guy in the big tank. They grow fast and are really fun to watch. It is amazing to see that beast at work eating. I wish I could have put sand in the tank just to see him do his thing but well I know I couldn't keep it clean.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
a few more pics from tonite

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
a few more pics

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
Ok well since he was trying so hard today. (I mean she just doesn't seem to get the hint.) I had to take more photos and a vid... So here is my 55 of just the lwanda group and the pair of Electras. (Yah and if you didn't notice I like to take photos...)

Photos:

Vid:

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
Well I was sitting on my couch yesterday and my dog jumped off... and suddenly I felt the tank in essance amplify the jump... not pleased. Then she semi ran next to the tank and suddenly I felt her run next the tank (ie delayed... and you aren't suppose to feel a 20 lb dog walking...)

So needless to say today, even though I haven't heard any odd sounds and such, I took out about 1/4th the water. And well since it is an overflow I have 3 piped powerhead plus one of the returns pumping water into the overflow.

The fish will be fine, it just doesn't look as nice :-( But well I was semi planning on moving in April... now I will be. If not earlier. (Though I don't really want to pay double rent for more than one month.)

Anyways I figured here would be as good as any to post the news. (And a quick shot of the tank.) It was only fully filled for about a week... but well I have it and these guys still have more room than they did in the 135.

MDH

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2007
Canada, eh.
My one and only african. He's in a tank with a much larger male jag, and grammodes. Suprisingly, they all get along!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store