Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

cichlidgirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
upstate ny
Here are some of my haps and peacocks:

My young male borleyi coloring up:

My stuartgranti:

My 4-5 inch female venustus:

My male venustus:

cichlidgirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
upstate ny
Here are some more of my haps and peacocks:
My female albino strawberry peacock (holding):

My male albino strawberry peacock:

My albino strawberry fry:

My juvie c. moori

cichlidgirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
upstate ny
couple more of my fish:
My red zebra:

My kenyi male and femlale:

My malawi eye biter:

My OB peacock female:

cichlidgirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
upstate ny
The last of my fish:

My brichardi:

My alpha burundi , 4+ inches thinks he is 14 LOL

My 4 inch burundi again:

My male and female acei:

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
So quick update... As was said in my photo thread of me moving most fish made the move well...

From the move I can attribute 1 dead discus and 1 killifish... (Both because I didn't remember to put bublers in there temp tanks, though they had filters.)

Then I had an empty 75 that I was going to fill back up... but I stripped my two female lwanda (One slightly early). I put them both in that tank... and the next day they were dead. (Really stinks since now I have no more female.)
Though I have about 12 fry. So far they are doing well.

So here are few photos of the fry. (Sorry about the blurry ones... they couldn't come out right for some reason.)

Vid:

Then to top it off my fridge/freezer died... So I used up my frozen food quickly... BUT I have an auction to go to on Sunday and I already have 4 lbs of frozen food set aside for me, so that isn't a big deal.

Anyways now I need to get another 55 for the breeder tank, and I am planning on getting another 30 to grow these fry out for a little bit. (I also am looking to put about a 180 behind the couch to move fish too and then I want to replace my cruddy 120 with a better 135 or something similar.)

So yah fun fun stuff. Anyways I will likely have a bunch of photos after the auction. I ended up packing the side room with the large tank, 75 and soon to be 2 55's. The problem is I made it so I can clean tanks, but there really isn't much room to view the tank. I decided more living space was better than than more space in the fish nook. (Not like there aren't fish all over the place in my apartment, but well that room is just fish.)

Eh I decided to take a few shots... I plan on moving the 30 to a different wall and moving the 50 to where that tank is.

Enjoy:

Few tank setup shots:

Then fish:

Oh and I was given this guy, and another fryeri, they seem to be doing well. I know the T.R. can look great... just needs time.

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
Well the auction is done. I spent a lot of money on discus, only picked up one cheap african. (One dollar fish). Too small to know sex yet. To see pictures of the auction check the picture section.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
i caught some of my africans in action last night..

quest room almost done 239.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store