Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
zerelli;1602031; said:
It is a zebra obliquedens, well it was sold to me as one. I think there are two different fish called this.
I thought it looked alot like my new one too..they sold him to me with that name also.. yours is gorgeous.. Ikevi really mixed me up now.. yet another name for these.???. at least when i looked it up looked the same to me.. ???Don't you love this fish..so awesome changing colors all the time ..heres mine ..still baby.

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
ikevi;1602470; said:
Yah yah I was off, but I saw the dark underbody and thought Pundamilia nyererei...

Astatotilapia latifasciata, aka Zebra Obliquidens in my mind have purple underbodies.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1556
you were very close Ikevi and neat thing for me is i did not know about this one you mentioned.. the pundamilia nyererei..the only difference i could see is that they don't get as large..so it was interesting to read up on them..

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
few i took tonight of african 125 tank

badisbadis101

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2008
Houston
Here are some of mine. They are in a regular 55 gallon tank, with lots of rockwork. These pics are around 2 months old, but not too much has changed. They are all malawis. Enjoy :)

(Full Tank Shot)

(8" Female Bumblebee)

(5" Male Orange Zebra which was recently exchanged for some other fish for my other tanks - don't worry though - i kept their 25+ offspring :) )

(Various babies - Orange Zebras and Yellow Labs ~1")

(Right Half of tank)

(left Half)

(7" Male Auratus - The tank monster)

That is not all of them, but i only have 4 species in the tank - Auratus, Orange Zebras, Bumblebees, and Yellow Labs. All species are breeding, 'cept the bumblebee, because their is only one :p .

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
mike dunagan;1654754; said:
the last one is not an auratus but rather a Melanochromis chipokae
i was going to say the same thing.. {not auratus} beautiful collection of fish and very nice 55gal...this is pic of auratus..

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
Well just a quick shot of the lwandas growing... They are in there own tank now, I hope to soon get them into a 30. Anyways they are likely ~3/4 inch maybe up to 1. That white sticker is over 2 inches. (I think it is 2.5.)

It seems like yesterday they were just fry rolling in there egg sacks. I think I still have 11, but well I can't tell for sure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store