Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

fishfreak69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
South Carolina
no,
A lot of this stuff is species only tanks for breeding, especially the specialty stuff like Red Ngara, AER, etc. etc.. There are about 80-100 tanks currently up and running ranging from 10-240g....

pattycakescichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2008
Winchester Tn.
Fishfreak,
I will be embarrassed to show mine after that.
Amazing fish.

fishfreak69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
South Carolina
Thanks for the compliments guys... I will be posting some more pictures soon, in 2 days or less so just give me a few more days...

No African Cichlid enthusiast should be "embarrassed" rather HAPPY to post your pictures.. It is not the "ability" to take a picture that counts, but, the ability to properly care for your fishes :)

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
fishfreak69;2171366; said:
Thanks for the compliments guys... I will be posting some more pictures soon, in 2 days or less so just give me a few more days...

No African Cichlid enthusiast should be "embarrassed" rather HAPPY to post your pictures.. It is not the "ability" to take a picture that counts, but, the ability to properly care for your fishes :)
thats true...and we just want to see the fish...:D

pattycakescichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2008
Winchester Tn.
I was joking. I love my fish way to much to not share them. There are amazing fish on here.

cepon3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2006
The United States Of America
So I have been working on it for a while now... I finally have a pair!!! take a look and tell me what you guys think? i will be updating this thread every once in a while to see if i can get the m to breed.. as oif right now the female is much more aggressive then the male.. but the male is a much stockier fish and im just waiting for him to come out of his shell..

101_1933.jpg

101_1934.jpg

101_1905.JPG

101_1907.JPG

cepon3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2006
The United States Of America
These are the only two i have ever come accross and i had to pull strings to get the second.. i had originally bought the female from a friend of mine that is deep in the african predator scene.. he thought they were both males.. after seperating them for months my "male" that i posted pics of before was actuallt a dominant female and with no other fish in the tank reverted to female colors.. so i had to beg and trade this guy my soul for the male : ).. it was her tank that they are in so I introduced two smaller male Rhamphochropmis macropthalmus in with the esox male as dithers.. i would love to get more but right now funds will keep me at two.. i believe that they weill pair and breed for me.. they both chase the smaller macs around the tank..

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
cepon3;2187589; said:
These are the only two i have ever come accross and i had to pull strings to get the second.. i had originally bought the female from a friend of mine that is deep in the african predator scene.. he thought they were both males.. after seperating them for months my "male" that i posted pics of before was actuallt a dominant female and with no other fish in the tank reverted to female colors.. so i had to beg and trade this guy my soul for the male : ).. it was her tank that they are in so I introduced two smaller male Rhamphochropmis macropthalmus in with the esox male as dithers.. i would love to get more but right now funds will keep me at two.. i believe that they weill pair and breed for me.. they both chase the smaller macs around the tank..
That's good to hear. Hope they breed for you, that would be nice.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
cepon3;2187528; said:
So I have been working on it for a while now... I finally have a pair!!! take a look and tell me what you guys think? i will be updating this thread every once in a while to see if i can get the m to breed.. as oif right now the female is much more aggressive then the male.. but the male is a much stockier fish and im just waiting for him to come out of his shell..
how different ...sweet face... like them...best of luck..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store