Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
cepon3;2187528; said:
So I have been working on it for a while now... I finally have a pair!!! take a look and tell me what you guys think? i will be updating this thread every once in a while to see if i can get the m to breed.. as oif right now the female is much more aggressive then the male.. but the male is a much stockier fish and im just waiting for him to come out of his shell..
Acording to "fishbase" these ones will get up to 42cm about 16 inches?...

cepon3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2006
The United States Of America
zennzzo;2189891; said:
Acording to "fishbase" these ones will get up to 42cm about 16 inches?...
I have seen pictures of very large individuals of say 20"+ from the wild.. they are supposed to be the largest of the malawis.. a man in england has a 17" male and i have a friend that conversed with him about temperment at that size as well as other things.. these guys are around 9-10" eyeing it and im suspecting them to grow extremly fast about an inch in a month and a half so far so we will see..

DaveB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Miami
I'm no good at individual shots, especially in this tank, but I did add all new rocks, which the fish absolutely love and got a tank shot while shooting photos for selling another tank (the oak one in the foreground)... I'm pretty happy with how it looks, and it was nice and simple to set up - just tossed them in randomly. Was worried having light rocks, light substrate, and no background might wash the colors out but they actually look pretty good.

2nd photo is roughly how it looked before. That's the old 55 (it's a 75 now) but it was basically the same setup.

DSCN1878.JPG

IMG_2960.JPG

cepon3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2006
The United States Of America
DaveB;2190756; said:
I'm no good at individual shots, especially in this tank, but I did add all new rocks, which the fish absolutely love and got a tank shot while shooting photos for selling another tank (the oak one in the foreground)... I'm pretty happy with how it looks, and it was nice and simple to set up - just tossed them in randomly. Was worried having light rocks, light substrate, and no background might wash the colors out but they actually look pretty good.

2nd photo is roughly how it looked before. That's the old 55 (it's a 75 now) but it was basically the same setup.
that looks great.. i really like the second one..

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
Wow...Nice!! How bigs your tank?

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
DaveB;2190756; said:

beautiful ...both setups are really beautiful.

DaveB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Miami
Thanks guys... the nice part is that I can always switch back to the flatter limestone stacks later if I get tired of these. They don't take up much space at all out in the garage.

Littlelillyanne

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2008
Colorado
Here are some of mine. Can anyone tell me what the first guy and the blue guy are? I know I had it writen down some where when I got them, but I forgot where I put there. :)

Lilly

Blue Cichlid.jpg

DSCF3802.jpg

DSCF3820.jpg

DSCF3849.jpg

DSCF3860.jpg

DSCF3868.jpg

OB hybrid Peacock Cichlid4.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store