Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

BarroomHero

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2008
Las Vegas
mike dunagan;2505262; said:
is the lighting blue? Is that electra gome or regular?
The lighting isnt blue, he was just bought as placidochromis electra, not sure which variant. I dont believe its a gome variant though after looking at some pics of those. His blue is subtle and hard to capture, he is also only 3" and he has been getting a lot more blue lately.

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
okay, I finally picked up a blue male. I got a juv a long time back, it was a left over from someone's special order. They sold it to me, and it turned out to be a gome. I though it was female until it tried to spawn with my female dolphin. The two males hang out all the time. It is cool to see a silver and blue next to each other

BarroomHero

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2008
Las Vegas
mike dunagan;2505316; said:
okay, I finally picked up a blue male. I got a juv a long time back, it was a left over from someone's special order. They sold it to me, and it turned out to be a gome. I though it was female until it tried to spawn with my female dolphin. The two males hang out all the time. It is cool to see a silver and blue next to each other
Yeah mine definitely has blue. mostly in the face but he seems to be coloring up nicely. He has great personality and is one of the few fish I have named, just because I came up with a clever name lol, I call him blackbeard.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
mike dunagan;2505316; said:
pictures please......

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
zennzzo;2506180; said:
OK here is my one and only African right now...:D
what kind is that...front view please... he looks awesome..is that the one that has a face of an arowana...?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store