MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
yea bad sell to MFK member?

JMorash

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2007
Nova Scotia
I had an 8 inch GG in a 120 and then picked up a group of 6"-8" RTG and HBRTG and it wasn't 10 before the GG started pinning the baby arowana in the corner and giving them a good beating. Needless to say the GG is no longer in the 120 anymore haha.

It all comes down to the Gourami, they are big aggressive predators, but so are arowana. I would suggest going with a Gourami that is quite a bit smaller than the arowana.

Good luck I hope is works out.

JMorash

MeAko

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Manila, Phillipines
The problem with hobbyist (me included) is we get "excited" over fish and sometimes do not possess enough emotional quotient to be patient and wait for advise before we proceed with our plans.

I do have a Gray GG but he's a foot long one. He's in my 1k pond with my 2.5' Silvers. They do not mind one another.

When I placed the GG with a GGG of similar size in a 100G, they almost killed each other, their spats were violent.

Giant Gouramis are aggressive fish, ESP with their own kind.

anhtu402

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
Lincoln, NE
I dont know if you guys notice when yall replying to posts, but I think you should look at the dates before replying... This thread is more than 5 months old ;).... I'm pretty sure the original owner of this thread already tried something ;)

MeAko

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Manila, Phillipines
anhtu402;3570414; said:
I dont know if you guys notice when yall replying to posts, but I think you should look at the dates before replying... This thread is more than 5 months old ;).... I'm pretty sure the original owner of this thread already tried something ;)
I really don't see this as a problem. For every dilemma a hobbyist had in the past, I am quite sure present or future hobbyists around the world might go through or might be going through in the future. All threads are for the benefit of everyone, not just for the OP.

anhtu402

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
Lincoln, NE
I"m not saying that it's a problem. I'm only saying it because because someone said... "Don't risk your Aro". With 5 months past, I'm pretty sure his aro is very good or very bad, thus a risk is not the question here. however, I do agree with you that going back to old threads do help others as well to see what the outcomes were....

So... back to the OP, how did it go with the Gourami and the ARo. :-D

big train

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2006
Chesapeake V.A.
I just picked my first jar and gg i have them in a 75gal with a bala shark and 4 tinfoil barbs all fish are all about 2.5". I will be doing a diy plywood tank and it will be about a year to complete it probly about 400-500gal. I figure the jar and gg will have some size on them by then the barbs and bala are really just dithers. The diy tank is really for my RD pair the male is almost 16" and needs some more room. I hope the jar is as mean as u guys say and i hope the gg will really put on some size to help them survive with the devil pair.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store