Small Predatory Fish?

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
It's fun to watch?
Hello; while I have no problem with feeding live, I never considered it "fun". But to each his/her own.

Frozen fish will do the same, and dramatically less chance of introducing parasites or diseases. You can also get the same growth feeding bait worms
I agree about not feeding feeder fish from stores, they are disease and parasite carriers and all it takes is one disease carrier to wipe out an entire tank.
Ok but im still looking for a smaller predatory fish.
Hello; Solid advice here. In a strict sense most all fish will eat any other fish that fits in the mouth. Eggs and fry are on the menu of nearly all fish. I get that you seek something that can at least take guppies.
set up a tank where you raise your own live bearers
One note if you reconsider feeding frozen fish. I have learned on this forum to use the commercially flash frozen fish. Seems fresh filets and filets frozen in a home fridge can still have parasites.

Good luck.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Any fish of half decent size will eat guppies. Goldfish, convicts... If you don't have any preferance, pick something tough, good looking & cheap. I would go for Yellow labs (females carry eggs and babies in their mouths - its cool), or convicts or jewels, where both parents take care of the eggs and young. You could have a nice sized colony of any of these in 100 gallon tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store