snakehead photo gallery -- post your snakehead pictures here

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
Very nice Pleuros. & Id consider them exotic , Took me 7 years to finally get some here in canada !!

Reactions: KarthikC

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Very nice Pleuros. & Id consider them exotic , Took me 7 years to finally get some here in canada !!
Thanks. :)

Would so love to get a couple more (trying to see if a dominant male will show those brilliant blue hues) but LFS sold out fast.

Then again been reading stories on them killing each other; how's your group doing?

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
They went through a rough patch around 5-6" where I thought I'd have to seperate them but they are now 6-8" and seem to have now established a pecking order . The ones that took the beating are fully recovered and the group stays quite tight together and have no fights or flaring.

I'm not convinced the peace between them will last but I'm going to try and see what happens .

Last edited:

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Absolutely stunning.

The blue one is the dominant fish? One of these days, I may need to set up a Pleuro only comm. :)

The sole one in my tank is comm with other species, not too sure (or whether desirable) it will one day become the alpha and go blue. LOL!

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
Thanks!

& Yes the alpha is always blue , the others turn it on and off , that smaller green one in the second pic was the dominate fish at one point but now is that green most of the time after loosing a few fights. When he was dominate he was very dark blue and violette, Much nicer then the current dominate fish but the current one gets nicer every day . But when he goes blue now it's not as intense as before

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store