The Big Cichlid Hybrid Example Thread (Load Warning)

FishFreak95

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2009
New Mexico
Basically, no SA can breed with a Festae and produce viable fry. 'Cept CAs that have moved down to SA. But yeah Geos, Acaras, etc. etc. can't breed with Festaes. At least, there's no proof.
Ornatum and atromaculatum are also more closely related to CA's than SA cichlids. Though I haven't heard of any cases of them hybridizing with CA's, probably due to the fact that they are uncommon in the hobby.

CHRIS! ADD Salvini X ellioti!!!
http://ihtis.xe0.ru/index.php/2012-05-03-18-46-19/viewcategory/3?start=2
lol

TheSinisterSOB

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
A little place called C At Hell
Anybody know where to get a Jaguar x Festae or RTM x Festae?

lloyd378

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2012
Tacoma, WA
im picking up two 6" hybrids on sunday..... a la ceiba x dovii and a jag x dovii. i have seen pictures of the jagx, but does anyone have any pics of a full grown la ceiba x dovii? I'd like to see what kind of potential i may be getting? of course ill post up some pics of mine when i get them.
cheers and thanks in advance if you have a picture

spotmonster

Feeder Fish
Nov 21, 2007
ohio
I thought I'd add a very nice looking hybrid that i raised from fry. They weren't born in my tanks, I picked them up as fry off of craigslist just to raise them to see what they looked like when adults.

His dad was a Dimidiochromis compressiceps, mom was a Nimbochromis venustus. The fish ended up retaining the flat body of the comp, but with the checkerboard type patter of the venustus.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store