THE DEAD FISH THREAD!!!!!

JWhipple

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2008
Merritt Island, FL
My female pink Vieja Fenestratus... She was perfectly fine this morning - came home this afternoon and I presume that her mate (breeding pair) tore her up pretty badly. She was laying at the bottom of the tank upside down. I put her into another tank and when I came back she was dead. RIP mama fish... At least I have some of her young to carry on the legacy!

thingthing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2007
Newcastle, Australia
my latest deaths
rtbs

bristlenose pleco (whats left of it)

there is a rotting electric blue hap in my mbuna tank (yes its not a mbuna and thats why it died) ill take a photo of it before i take it out, its a big job because it is jammed in the back of the huge amount of rockwork.

thingthing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2007
Newcastle, Australia
here it is, or whats left of it

now im going to get it out hopefully, it might be too hard. one saulosi female has established a territory behind it (thats not it in the background)

seds

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
Canada
:(

Poor Butter the goldfish...
Some of those dead fish losses must have been pretty rough. My goldfishy only costed 61 cents but she was worth her weight in gold to me... I dunno what happened but she died a few months ago at about 5 inches.

OOps, this thread is old, isn't it.

chloe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
portsmouth/southampton/crawley, UK
well seein as my FH has just taken out my talking catfish, gibbiceps, tyrannochromis and 2FT PLEC!!! :cry: all in 2 days and the FH is 4" :irked:

i got pics of my catfish coz i couldnt figure out what he died from (now i no its internal bleeding, and all the others died of that) my gibb went straight to the bin coz hes was disgustingly eaten here and there. the tyrannochromis and plec are in my freezer as they only went last :cry: might brave pics later, but my big plec is guna be heartbraking to do, my eyes are so swollen from crying last night:cry::cry::cry:

HPIM0408.JPG

HPIM0413.JPG

wayne the pain

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2005
Manchester, UK
chloe_21;2509288; said:
well seein as my FH has just taken out my talking catfish, gibbiceps, tyrannochromis and 2FT PLEC!!! :cry: all in 2 days and the FH is 4" :irked:

i got pics of my catfish coz i couldnt figure out what he died from (now i no its internal bleeding, and all the others died of that) my gibb went straight to the bin coz hes was disgustingly eaten here and there. the tyrannochromis and plec are in my freezer as they only went last :cry: might brave pics later, but my big plec is guna be heartbraking to do, my eyes are so swollen from crying last night:cry::cry::cry:

Sorry for your losses Chloe, you sure its your Fh? have you checked your water params? including ph, seen catfish that bleed through gaps between the scutes (plates) due to ph crashes. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store