The Red Devil Diary

Cichlids-r-beasts

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Can’t speak on Amphilophus specifically, as I have not owned one, yet lol. But it was a bit of a pain to get the convicts on NLS. And back when I had the carpintis it was the same story. They eat it now with no problem but it took a bit of tough love and patience.

This is just my own (and very limited) experience but both convicts and the carpintis took to Northfin pellets basically immediately. Could be worth a shot.
Yeah I tried it but they didn’t seem to have any interest in NLS at all, though perhaps I wasn’t patient enough. I may give it a try again and feed exclusively that for 7-10 days. Other than the first couple days, Kratos is a very big eater and has taken everything I’ve offered. My male Jack Dempsey on the other hand is pretty picky.

Reactions: Matth05

Cal Amari

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2023
I don't have an amph but have been using NLS foods for a couple decades now. If you're trying to get new ones hooked I'd suggest not feeding for a couple days then start the NLS, and I'd use the Thera+A formula personally. I have an assortment I use with my fish, but the Thera is by far the most exciting to them, maybe the extra Garlic? Also it's available in several pellet sizes while some varieties only come in the smaller pellets.

Reactions: Cichlids-r-beasts

Cichlids-r-beasts

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hey all, sorry for not updating in a bit. Life’s been really crazy lately and I haven’t really had the time.
Anyway, Kratos has been doing really well and I’m really happy with how he’s turning out. Not much has really changed with him or his tank. He’s very active, always digging and “patrolling” his territory and ALWAYS begging for food. My word this guy can eat. He’s roughly 7 inches now and I’m thinking of feeding him once a day now as opposed to 2 when he was smaller. What do you guys think?
Also, anyone want to guess how he’s changed?

Over a month ago:

IMG_9529.jpeg

IMG_9544.jpeg
Kratos now, taken today:

IMG_9970.jpeg

IMG_9971.jpeg

IMG_9980.jpeg

IMG_9979.jpeg

IMG_9983.jpeg

IMG_9988.jpeg

IMG_9987.jpeg

IMG_9986.jpeg

Cichlids-r-beasts

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Btw none of these pics here (the last post) are edited so you can really see the color change a month apart! Thanks to Omega One and the sun dried Shrimp once a week I’m guessing.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hey all, sorry for not updating in a bit. Life’s been really crazy lately and I haven’t really had the time.
Anyway, Kratos has been doing really well and I’m really happy with how he’s turning out. Not much has really changed with him or his tank. He’s very active, always digging and “patrolling” his territory and ALWAYS begging for food. My word this guy can eat. He’s roughly 7 inches now and I’m thinking of feeding him once a day now as opposed to 2 when he was smaller. What do you guys think?
Also, anyone want to guess how he’s changed?

Over a month ago:

View attachment 1546234

View attachment 1546235
Kratos now, taken today:

View attachment 1546236

View attachment 1546238

View attachment 1546239

View attachment 1546240

View attachment 1546241

View attachment 1546242

View attachment 1546243

View attachment 1546244