The Red Devil Diary

Cichlids-r-beasts

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Couple more shots of the not so little guy. It’s really hard to get pics when he doesn’t stop moving lol. I’m glad I FINALLY got one with him hanging out in his pot though, even if it’s not the best quality. That one’s almost impossible to get cause he’d see me coming from like 10 feet away and shoot out of the pot to beg for food.

IMG_0012.jpeg

IMG_0013.jpeg

IMG_0014.jpeg

IMG_9977.jpeg

Cichlids-r-beasts

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017

Here’s a video of Kratos in action attempting to go after my hand, taken during a water change last week.

Btw I had eyeballed him at 7 inches but he’s really around 6.5 inches when I held a ruler up near the glass, should be hitting the 7 inch mark soon though!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio

Here’s a video of Kratos in action attempting to go after my hand, taken during a water change last week.

Btw I had eyeballed him at 7 inches but he’s really around 6.5 inches when I held a ruler up near the glass, should be hitting the 7 inch mark soon though!
Glass banging at that size. Time for long handle aquarium tools.

Cichlids-r-beasts

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Glass banging at that size. Time for long handle aquarium tools.
Yup, he’s been glass banging since he was around 5 inches and considering he broke skin already, I’m not looking forward to water changes when he’s full grown. He has a nasty set of chompers growing in now, it’s pretty visible and I’ll see if I can get good pics though it’ll be almost impossible since the little bugger doesn’t ever stay still 🤣

He’s such an active and personable fish, love him to bits, and I will say that the gap in aggression between him and my female Butti has gotten a lot closer 😉 though I’d still have my Butti on top. This can change in the future since he’s still a juvenile of course.

Last edited:

troublesum

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2007
Astoria, NY
Kratos, is a good looking boy if you want a sneak peak of what he's going to look like check out my post Vent prolapse they are the same color and have the same long streamers mine is 10in and begs all day for food and bangs the glass so hard i get scared that he will hurt himself.
And mine has tagged me a few times to where he draws blood now i cut a broom stick in half and quick tie it to my WC tube so my hands are not in the water but he still jumps and tries. Gotta figure out how to stop him from doing that cause one day hes going to land on the carpet

Cichlids-r-beasts

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Kratos, is a good looking boy if you want a sneak peak of what he's going to look like check out my post Vent prolapse they are the same color and have the same long streamers mine is 10in and begs all day for food and bangs the glass so hard i get scared that he will hurt himself.
And mine has tagged me a few times to where he draws blood now i cut a broom stick in half and quick tie it to my WC tube so my hands are not in the water but he still jumps and tries. Gotta figure out how to stop him from doing that cause one day hes going to land on the carpet
They really are greedy lil sh*ts aren’t they? 🤣
I may have to do that in the future because the gravel cleaner and my hand are never safe.

Cichlids-r-beasts

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
View attachment 1546880Heres mine. Was shy at first but now has a attitude of a boss and appetite of a pig.
How big is he? I’m hoping Kratos can get into the upper size range for males of his species, i.e 13-15 inches. That may take years to happen since they hit around 10-12 inches and slow down though, but even if he “just” gets to 12 I’d be very happy.

Reactions: Jexnell

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
How big is he? I’m hoping Kratos can get into the upper size range for males of his species, i.e 13-15 inches. That may take years to happen since they hit around 10-12 inches and slow down though, but even if he “just” gets to 12 I’d be very happy.
Mine is around 10 inches. He has gained a lot of girth rather than length in the past few months. I have to agree, they look awesome at larger sizes

Reactions: Cichlids-r-beasts

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
Hey Cichlids-r-beasts Cichlids-r-beasts , I just got another RD/midas about the same size or a bot smaller than yours. It's in my pond and has already started exploring, unlike my first one. I will post a vid soon

Reactions: Cichlids-r-beasts
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store