The Start of Something Big!

Darth Scohin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2009
Mountain Valley, Near Flats
I might bend the rules a little bit here by adding some Dwarf Sag (Well you know this is a special Dwarf Saggitarius only found in the nesting grounds of the mokele-mbembe) Because I kind of like the look....

David K. Bradley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2010
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Your setup sounds really great. Personally though, I would not use hair grass in the lineup of plants. They're a pain to get the fish waste out of the center of the plants. But maybe you'll have better luck using the hair grass as opposed to my lack of success. Looked great in the tank with the rest of my plants, until I got to adding fish. Even with bi-weekly vaccuming of the hair grass, it still was a great eye sore and a P.I.T.A.
Good luck and I hope you have much success with your plans.

wolfsburgfanatic

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 17, 2008
Frederick, MD
Good luck with the project; I've got a similar project in the works as well. Look forward to seeing it come together :thumbsup:

Darth Scohin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2009
wolfsburgfanatic;4337194; said:
Good luck with the project; I've got a similar project in the works as well. Look forward to seeing it come together :thumbsup:
Thanks Wolf I'm really excited:headbang2! I've been really lucky in the fact that all of my Local LFS and some fellow hobbyists have had things I've been looking for the project-So here's cheers to them for that-So hopefully my Target date to have this baby filled up and cycling is by Sep. and hopefully with every one in it in November....Next Target Update is Tuesday

Darth Scohin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2009
Alright SO there is One thing I realized that Bichirs are big and love to unbury plants anyway to anchor plants such as Hairgrass or Vals? while still allowing them to happily burrow?

L~C~G

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2006
South Africa
Darth Scohin;4367896; said:
Alright SO there is One thing I realized that Bichirs are big and love to unbury plants anyway to anchor plants such as Hairgrass or Vals? while still allowing them to happily burrow?
I dont know about bichirs but I have successfully kept live plants with my malawis but attaching a large brass nut to the roots of all of my plants with cable ties and then burying the nuts in the gravel.

The fish dig all day long and have not been able to uproot a single plant yet. use it.........dont use it........up to you.

Darth Scohin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2009
Thanks for the Advice :D
OKAY DOKAY!!!!
It was long laborious and nearly body breaking BUT me and three of my friend/family members were able to move what they nicknamed "Big Momma" or "The Dinosaur"(in reference to the apperance of my Bichirs) inside the house and for MFK Only here is my Cousin laying down in the job.

Darth Scohin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2009
Today's update will be a slightly meaty one(info wise)
I've now planned out my Tank build and it goes as follows
This Week(Friday 20th) Was Lights& Background
Next Week(Friday 27th) Stand/Wood for Canopy
Sept 10th-Sand
Sept 17th-Filters/Begin Cycling
Sept 24th-Decor
October 8th-Hoods
October 15th Fully set-up

Future Stock atm:(some of these photos are dated IE Ctenopoma Ornate Lap)
Endli(Parvo) and Sen(Nimrod)

African Arowana(Morpheus)-who thinks he's a Poly

Del(Atlas)

Lap(Nephertiti)

Weeksii(Happi)

Ornate(Argus)

Ctenopoma(Impetus)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store