groovylime

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2007
Vancouver
Darth Scohin;4379929; said:
Thanks for the Advice :D
OKAY DOKAY!!!!
It was long laborious and nearly body breaking BUT me and three of my friend/family members were able to move what they nicknamed "Big Momma" or "The Dinosaur"(in reference to the apperance of my Bichirs) inside the house and for MFK Only here is my Cousin laying down in the job.
He looks happy.

Darth Scohin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2009
Mountain Valley, Near Flats
Okay UPDATE INBOUND:

I know it has been awhile (Halo Reach Came out so haven't been online long enough to update :D) A couple of weeks ago I found 2 C360 and 2 AC110 for my tank (and I'm still going to get a 55gal Sump) I also got some wood for the tank.(pictures will be up later)

My question of the day is two actually. How should I transfer my fish into the tank in order to eliminate the risk of loss (I love these fish too much to loose them). Also check this post here for my other question http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4529783#post4529783

Gummy Walrus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2010
*Highly Classified*
Darth Scohin;4529793; said:
Okay UPDATE INBOUND:

I know it has been awhile (Halo Reach Came out so haven't been online long enough to update :D) A couple of weeks ago I found 2 C360 and 2 AC110 for my tank (and I'm still going to get a 55gal Sump) I also got some wood for the tank.(pictures will be up later)

My question of the day is two actually. How should I transfer my fish into the tank in order to eliminate the risk of loss (I love these fish too much to loose them). Also check this post here for my other question http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4529783#post4529783
kk cool :goldfish:

earthstudent

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2010
Iowa
Not sure if it is to late to give advise on your lighting but you can get 6500K 200W florescent bulbs at home improvement stores that screw into regular bulb plugs. They are called daylight bulbs. They put out a good spectrum for most plant growth and are cheap and easy to retro fit. A few of those should work for you.

Darth Scohin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2009
Alright Long time since I've posted it's been a long time since I'd done anything worth doing either so here are pics of the tank dry until I fill her up tomorrow with WC water and get some more wood for the other side....PS: I'd like to thank Apriliraider for the help

Darth Scohin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2009
So I caved a little on the Biotope law and got some Malaysian Driftwood that I've nicknamed "Dragons Paw" you'll see why....When do guys think I should add some plants in, it's still cycling (as you can tell by the cloudy water)

David K. Bradley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2010
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Darth Scohin;4589373; said:
So I caved a little on the Biotope law and got some Malaysian Driftwood that I've nicknamed "Dragons Paw" you'll see why....When do guys think I should add some plants in, it's still cycling (as you can tell by the cloudy water)

In regards to your question aboout when you should add your plants to your tank, I would have all of the plants in by now to give them a chance to take root while your tank is cycling, before you introduce any fish to your tank. The plants need to become established in your tank so when the fish are gradually introduced, the bioload from them does not cause severe issues with the water parameters.

On the other hand, if you are using artificial plants, it would be a good idea to have them positioned in your tank before putting your fish in the tank. Doing it afterwards could cause your fish to stress do to invasiveness of their established boundaries and terittories.

Good luck with your tank set up. You have a great selection of fish to BTW. They all look healthy and distinguished with their various and individual color patterns and markings.

Keep us posted. This is going to be an interesting tank set up to follow.
~David

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store