TODD BUILDS HIS 2500 GALLON CEMENT AQUARIUM FOR STINGRAYS IN THE BASEMENT

Ppuzas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
Chicago
That is amazing, nicely done but the price tag must be enormous. I hope to build something similar in the future, for a caiman.

Supes13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
Ohio
what do you use to heat the water? im looking for different methods to heat a large aquarium without having bulky heaters in the viewing area. im aware that some people have the heaters in with their filters but i was looking for some alternative methods.

anythingfish.com

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2006
Seattle
Daffydanny;1453241; said:
Thats one heck of a long process to set-up and maintain plus its alot of money
Actually it is the easiest tank I have ever had... I was about 7k (Including all the filtration) but I don't have to do anything. I have UV, Auto water changing system, & a PH meter, so all I do is feed the fish & add sodium Bicarbonate when the ph lowers oh & clean the windows... I spend more time on my 13o gallon than I spend on the tank. It is very worth it to build your own monster tank, I would recommend it to anyone.

anythingfish.com

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2006
Seattle
Supes13;1558575; said:
what do you use to heat the water? im looking for different methods to heat a large aquarium without having bulky heaters in the viewing area. im aware that some people have the heaters in with their filters but i was looking for some alternative methods.
I use 2 800 watt titanium heaters I got from Aquatic Eco. They work great! My friend Ted uses hot water heating elements & is able to build his own 2500 watt heaters for a fraction of the price. They are safe & work great

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store