MFK Member
Dec 4, 2007
!!! I love, love, love, and love it!!!

sumthingfishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
Pa
why:confused: didn't you have reddy-mix concrete delivered and a trailer pump pump it? instead of buying all those bags(cost?)having it delivered, huffing all those bags to its destination, renting the 2 mixers, all that labor...

:headbang2nice job in illustating your whole project. great step-by-step explaination...

i didn't see any info on the stand... at 1st i thought it was on the floor, then in a wide shot i saw the wood legs. how is the tank supported? 12tons of water, 2tons per cu.yard of concrete, :nilly:WOW!!!...

anythingfish.com

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2006
Seattle
sumthingfishy;1614672; said:
why:confused: didn't you have reddy-mix concrete delivered and a trailer pump pump it? instead of buying all those bags(cost?)having it delivered, huffing all those bags to its destination, renting the 2 mixers, all that labor...

:headbang2nice job in illustating your whole project. great step-by-step explaination...

i didn't see any info on the stand... at 1st i thought it was on the floor, then in a wide shot i saw the wood legs. how is the tank supported? 12tons of water, 2tons per cu.yard of concrete, :nilly:WOW!!!...
We could not get the concrete hose in the basement so we had to do it manually.... what a bugger... but it turned out perfect, I have never had a better tank & now with the addes ayto water changer I only have to clean the glass..... sweet

As far as the wood under the tank... One of the reasons why I bought the house is because in the basement there was a 20ftX3ft tall concrete step but unfortunately it was too shallow for the whole tank to fit so I addes some 4X6 braces & a ledge in front of the step. Basically the tank overhangs off the step so I put those there to help support the front. the funny thing is those do not support anything anymore... thay are actually loose I just leave them their so if we have an earth quake the tank will not end up on its face.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store