Used Acrylic tank bubbling...please help

onsloth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2024
Dont beat urself up man… nature of the beast here. The older the acrylic the more it crazes. After using 40, tank mfg. put the tanks in an oven to anneal them to stop the crazing. Its just cosmetic. It in no way affects the integrity of the tank. Ur seams are super solid now despite the crazing. Im surprised with only 50ml on the seams. I have a few here that look the same.
I think the problem was that I did one side and the other and didn't have fan on it like the other seams. I also see now that some of that is dust.
Are you saying I should in oven? I can't do that.
The outside looks fine. Lol I got too quick because your method is easy as hell.
I should have just kept the fan on it like the other smooth seams with no crazing.
I'm glad to have been referred to you. So many other forums everyone freaks out and says junk it without having any experience in acrylic tanks like you do.

Reactions: wednesday13

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
I think the problem was that I did one side and the other and didn't have fan on it like the other seams. I also see now that some of that is dust.
Are you saying I should in oven? I can't do that.
The outside looks fine. Lol I got too quick because your method is easy as hell.
I should have just kept the fan on it like the other smooth seams with no crazing.
I'm glad to have been referred to you. So many other forums everyone freaks out and says junk it without having any experience in acrylic tanks like you do.
Nobody at home has a giant oven lol… its a trade off. Bit of crazing for reinforced/new seams. Its not great, but worth it to never worry about a seam letting loose. The crazing happens less with 3/4” and up thickness of material. Most the tanks ive done in 3/8”-1/2” material end up looking the same as what ur seeing. Its not as bad with the tank full of water.

Reactions: onsloth
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store