Vampire Pleco

TheNewSeverum

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2011
Winter Springs
I mean its a cool looking fish, even if its colors stayed a camo mix of black and white thats awesome. I'll need to get a good picture of my vampire for comparison.

Cosmic_surfer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Lincoln, NE
I guess I was wrong, the longer he is in the tank the darker he is becoming... he is nearly completely black... or a very dark slate gray color. Maybe this is the dark black variant after all? I just got some juvenile peacock bass, once they hit the 5 inch mark or so I will place them in a more aggressive tank. I had 2 before but they didn’t last long, they were smaller and seemed to waste away. These seem much more stable.

Cosmic_surfer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Lincoln, NE
Poorer light I realize, I put a decorative rock for him to hide in, and it only has improved his colors (I’m guessing dark is a good thing?)

image.jpg

Cosmic_surfer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Lincoln, NE
Wow, looking at the first pics against the latest pics, I can’t believe how much change I see. With the most recent pic, does the community think this will be the species that gets the yellow spots when it ages?

Cosmic_surfer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Lincoln, NE
So an update, this fish has only gotten darker and darker, I am noticing his tail fin is starting to solidify black as well. So perhaps this is the black vampire with white spots?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store